How do I put books on my tablet?

Suzie58

Jun 28, 2012
Just received my Android tablet. It's already got Aldiko on it. I've managed to download a book, but how do I add books from my computer, my public library or the Kobo store? I have loaded them onto the tablet (I can see them in Windows Explorer on my computer) but how do I get them into Aldiko so I can see them on the shelf and read them?

Through Explorer I can see folders for music, video and podcasts - so I presumeably just drag files into them, but there is no folder for books that I can see.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Suzie, congratulations on your new Arnova 10B and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and help you access those books. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have a suggestion, just to see if it works, though there are dozens of ways to transfer files to the tablet. E-Mail one to yourself, then select Aldiko as the app to open the attachment with and see if it appears in the bookshelf. Just one will tell you if it works. If it does I can explain how to get all the e-books onto your tablet and you should be able to tap on them with a file manager to get them added.

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
im also using Aldiko... i have a file for my ebooks and whenever i update it, i mean, add new ebooks... my aldiko automatically updates my ebook list. have you tried to update your Aldiko app?