How do I root it - whatever it is?

HappyChris

Feb 4, 2012
I see conflicting reports on whether I will be able to root my 2.3.4 CKO** tablet. I have tried Universal Androot and Z4Root and both failed. Others, apart from 'Gingerbread exploit' references, all seem to be problematic.

I've read all the warnings about asking silly questions ala 'Help! I need to root!' and can and will provide the inner details of my no-name but I would like to know whether anyone actually knows if a straight comparison of a tablet's specs with some list will be able to say if a device has any chance of a successful rooting. That would shrink the number of useless specs I post in the hope that someone will recognise my mystery tab.

Is this possible? I have my 'Settings' data and that from Android System Info to help with this quest!

Thanks.

**Chinese Knock-Off

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Chris, I wish you success. Unfortunately that is a tall order. This question is asked frequently so I recommend using the search feature and seeing if any previous posts have tablets that match your specs. There is not a list that I am aware of that indicates potential root methods for various specs. There is a good chance that even if an exploit looks like it might work on a similar device it could brick yours.

Good luck and I hope somebody else may be able to give you a better answer.