How do I stop my Iconia a500 from timing out

madmun

Sep 9, 2011
I had a flytouch permanently installed in my wall that I used for security cams and other stuff, that stayed on 24/7. I just got the Iconia a500 but there's no option in settings to keep it on the max time before time out is 15min.

Help thanks

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I had a flytouch permanently installed in my wall that I used for security cams and other stuff, that stayed on 24/7. I just got the Iconia a500 but there's no option in settings to keep it on the max time before time out is 15min.

Help thanks

You that annoying iPhone saying? "There's an app for that"? (Got old fast IMO)
Same thing applies to Android :)
Look for Widgetsoid 2.x on the market
Once installed, add the Widgetsoid Switcher 1x1 widget to your Home. The Widgetsoid settings will appear. In there, go to Screen and add the "Always On" shortcut. Click Apply and a button will be added to your Home. Now whenever you click the button, you can toggle the screen between Always On (bright icon) or whatever timeout settings you have set under the system's options (dark icon).

Note: you can add many other useful shortcuts and even add multiple shortcuts to a bar (anything above 1x1). I use this app and have the Always On shortcut on my Home... so i know it works. ;)

I hope this helps you and that I understood your issue.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

GLICM_USER

Sep 25, 2011
I thought "0" was the default for "always on."

May be wrong haven't tried it. Works on other OS's.