How do I take a screen shot.

pillowpoo

Jul 8, 2012
Probably the only reason i don't like this tablet is that its so unheard of i can't find like any info on this thing.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
try pressing ing and holding the back button. then press the home button. i dont have a tc970 but this might work. . For more info on Le Pan Tablets go to lepanlife.com its an excellent user group.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Probably the only reason i don't like this tablet is that its so unheard of i can't find like any info on this thing.

Welcome to the forum pillowpoo

You are not alone, and it's not just your tablet, but that's why we're here....

See if this works on your tablet, go to settings If there is a customize section there you're looking for a check-box that says screenshots. If you don't see that check to see if it may be turned on by default by doing a long press on the 3rd icon from the left in the bottom left corner. First is back second is home 3rd should bring up recent apps, long press on that one. Not knowing that much about your specific tablet this is just a guess.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
This is one feature that has not been present in a LOT of android devices without rooting and installing an app to do it.

HoneyComb and ICS should have it enabled in one way or another.

Most ICS devices have it so you can use the VOL DOWN and POWER button (hold for about 3 seconds) and it should snap a picture. You need to press them at the same time. I think you can be a little quicker on the POWER button and follow with the VOL DOWN button (also try VOL UP if VOL DOWN doesn't work).

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
So many different key combinations, on my original Galaxy Tab you would press the back button while holding down the power button, on my HTC phone you hold down the power button and hit the home button. With a little experimentation hopefully you can find a combination that works if the functionality is available on your device.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Key combinations did not work on my supposedly "ICS 4.0.3" tablet to take screenshots. I had to root the tablet, install a free screenshot app, and I now have to shake the tablet to take a screenshot.
This is precisely why some basic operational standards are needed for Android. Manufacturers who deviate from those standards should be clearly identified as releasing non-certified (i.e. hacked) versions of Android, and should not be allowed to use names like "ICS" when describing their product.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Natey, did your ics tablet come with the Gapps package? Play store, Gmail, YouTube app etc. "Certified" android will have those apps. "Compatible" won't. Compatible can use the android name but is not approved for gapps.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
My tablet came with Android Market v3.3.12, not Google Play v3.5.x
Any Google Play v3.5.x apk I install will only work partially, before crashing on app download.
Google Maps and Navigation works, so I must have Gapps.
I have gmail and YouTube pre-installed by the manufacturer, and they work.
Netflix from the Market works fine too.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
On my tablet hold volume down then press power takes screen shoot.

Hold volume up then press power hides status bar.

I take screen shots via ddms anyway, but saw this thread and decided to see what buttons on my tablet took screen shots.