how do I view what's on my sd card

Super Man

Mar 16, 2011
Just got me tablet yesterday and I can't figure out how to view what is on my micro sd card. Its a scan disk 2g card. I have separate folders in it with pictures. What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Be sure the card is mounted -look under Settings. Then use a file manager like Astro to see the card. It appears under root as a folder called sdcard.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
What tab did you get? On some tabs using your favorite file explorer, your internal storage will be called "sdcard" and the microsd card you put in is called "sdcard2"

Super Man

Mar 16, 2011
ok, thanks for your response. I am still having trouble. I think I'm an idiot on these things. On my sd card I have a folder called kitchens with pics of kitchens I have built. What I want to do with this thing is be able to easily access these pics for potential customers and show them my work. Its a lot easier that lugging around photo albums. Anyway, When I put in the sd card in to the epad I use the Astor app and it does show that is is reading off the sd card, but the kitchens folder isn't there. Is there an easier way to do this? I think I need a step be step instructions.

Thanks for your help.

Super Man

Mar 16, 2011
I looked at that in my settings and it showes sdcard and external sdcard. When i take out the sd card the external sdcard shows 0. When i look through file manager app it will show an sdcard, but no sub folders. But i know they are there because when i plug it into my laptop it shows all the right folders. Is there any one in skc utah that can show me how to work this thing?
Thanks

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I use ES File Explorer but Astro is also popular. Just search it in the Android Market or sideload it.

Super Man

Mar 16, 2011
Still not able to access my external sd card. Is there a way i can load pictures directly from my computer to the tablet via usb cable?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Still not able to access my external sd card. Is there a way i can load pictures directly from my computer to the tablet via usb cable?

Please clarify what tablet you are using and what you are doing. Either you have a issue with the tablet its self or you are not using the file explorer correctly.

Super Man

Mar 16, 2011
I have the zenithink 180 with Android 2.2. What my ultimate goal with this thing is to use it like a photo album. I own a cabinet shop and want to show potential clients work I have done. But I don't just want a bunch of pics I want then in folders or groups. Like kitchens, entertainment centers, vanities, etc. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Super Man

Mar 16, 2011
Do sertine SD cards work better than others. How about gig size. What do you all suggest?

brianjacks1

Feb 25, 2011
I have a similar problem with my ARM COrtexTM-A8 MID running Android 2.2 in as much as I can see the external card which is mounted /mnt/external/sdcard but neither my PC (via USB debugging) nor the Android apps can see it They only see the internal memory which is mounted /mnt/sdcard. This makes the external sdcard next to useless. I assume this is some problem in the way that Android is set up on this tablet as I didnt have this problem on my original tablet. Must be an easy fix?? Any suggestions??
Brian

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I have a similar problem with my ARM COrtexTM-A8 MID running Android 2.2 in as much as I can see the external card which is mounted /mnt/external/sdcard but neither my PC (via USB debugging) nor the Android apps can see it They only see the internal memory which is mounted /mnt/sdcard. This makes the external sdcard next to useless. I assume this is some problem in the way that Android is set up on this tablet as I didnt have this problem on my original tablet. Must be an easy fix?? Any suggestions??
Brian

Few questions:

What size is it?
What is the max size your device supports?
How is it formatted?
Did you format it on your device?
Can it mount on your device?

It might be called sdcard2. Just a guess becasuse my G-Tab calls it that.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I have the zenithink 180 with Android 2.2. What my ultimate goal with this thing is to use it like a photo album. I own a cabinet shop and want to show potential clients work I have done. But I don't just want a bunch of pics I want then in folders or groups. Like kitchens, entertainment centers, vanities, etc. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Do sertine SD cards work better than others. How about gig size. What do you all suggest?

You can organize the photos via a USB connection or using Samba and accessing your device via wifi on your PC. You can set up folders any way you want to.

The higher class the SD card the faster the performance. I have a Patriot 32GB Class 10 card in my G-Tab. Check to see what the max size your device can use and buy the best class you can afford. Brand really does not matter but I tend to stay with the big names. (Kingston, Patriot, etc)