How Do You Guys feel About The Screen?

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010
I think the tab is great expect for the screen. If you had nothing to compare it to, the screen is great also....but I have the Blackberry Playbook, and next to the PB the Iconia looks bad, colors not saturated and a bit blurry. I dont know if this is an android rendering problem or if the screen is what it is...text is perfectly fine. I have one day left to decide whether to keep or return the Iconia. I would not do so for a slightly better screen, but for a screen like my PB I would. Is the difference between the Iconia and the Transformer relative to color saturation slight or night and day?

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Not sure what you are on about really, looks very good to me compared to my laptops, pretty much spot on, colour is very good.

Cheers.

Pete

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Your opinion is going to be formed by what you see for yourself and (it seems) stats and what others think. Use your own eyes and your own values so you can make an informed decision and feel good about it. To answer the question directly, I've seen better screens but I've also seen (and had) much worse. This tablet works very well for me. That said, if the Playbook's got everything you need and the screen is great, then there it is.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

May 10, 2011
do you have a screen protector on? Some of the ones on the market do seem make the screen look a tad blurry and/or make the saturation slightly off.

Rogerlebo

Jun 4, 2011
Hi!

The colors are very correct for wallpapers and icons.

But the colors are not very clear and intense for JPG photos I took with my Canon and my Nexus S.
I have 12 days left to decide whether to keep or return the Iconia. It will be a reason to return it for sure.

Bye!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Mine is awesome. Totally crisp, perhaps a shade under saturated, but picture on the Internet look spectacular.
I've had it side by side with several other tasks tablets in Best Buy and Office Max and the screen was as good as or better than all of them.

Rogerlebo

Jun 4, 2011
I've just found that the screen of Iconia A500 can display 256K colors.
Motorola Xoom can display 16M colors.

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010

I'm fairly certain that the 256K is correct. That said, I do not think that is the issue. It's the saturation and perhaps contrast that is very good, but not as good as my desktop monitor or my playbook. I'm definitely keeping a 10.1" tab...and I'd keep my Iconia if I had some assurance that the asus and upcoming samsung are not light years better.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I'm fairly certain that the 256K is correct. That said, I do not think that is the issue. It's the saturation and perhaps contrast that is very good, but not as good as my desktop monitor or my playbook. I'm definitely keeping a 10.1" tab...and I'd keep my Iconia if I had some assurance that the asus and upcoming samsung are not light years better.

They definitely aren't light-years better. All of the choices have pros and cons.