How do you tell if you rooted the nexus 7 right or not

skip1221

Dec 7, 2012
Good evening.. I bought a Nexus 7 and when I got it home I rooted it and is there any way to see if I did it right? It seemed everything went right and when I go into my system on my computer it shows it not as nexus 7 but as Android Composite ADB Interface

But when I try to install something that needs to be rooted it never installs right .. How can I tell if I rooted it right?

Thank you in advance..

Im trying android for the first time over my I phone and Its a whole new world..Im trying..lol

skip1221

Dec 7, 2012
thank you J515op It said NOPE it wasnt rooted properly back to the drawing board lol

skip1221

Dec 7, 2012
I did it right this time but it is saying there are updates for the tablet will doing the updates ruin the root? Or is is worry free

skip1221

Dec 7, 2012
Did everything I could till I got to system directory have no idea where to even start to look..lol I should have stayed on the dark side with my phone..LALALALALA...lol But I do thank you for the help

grnidkjun

Jan 10, 2013
I am curious.. if the N7 is running the current android version already.. with no overlay such a touchwiz or anything like that.. why would it need to be rooted?
I understand wanting to get rid of manufacturer overlays.. and provider bloatware.. but am curious why you would on one like this.

nick789uk

May 23, 2011
Hi i use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to keep the root when updates come out download from play and follow instructions