How do you uninstall the "stock" programs from the Superpad?

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
Now that I have my tablet rooted and upgraded to 3245, I am having issues with the "stock Apps"

App brain says that several of my programs need updating, most will not update (Skype and the browser come to mind) But when I go to update, the screen is in all Chinese, and it says that the update fails. If I try to uninstall them, they error out as well. Android Market shows that the "stock: apps are not installed

any thoughts on what to do? I really need to be able to use skype most especially. I would also love to get rid of the dolphin browser and several others.

Last edited:

Matty

Mar 30, 2011
Get a root explorer and search through the apps folder, there you should see all the apps installed on your tab. Ones you don't want don't delete just rename (just in case) on my tab I can't remember. All the apps I renamed but I know I got rid of E browser, wow home, and some others and once I got some off the Chinese apps off my tab it started to run noticeably smoother.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
Can you give me an example of a Root Explorer? Is Astro one of them? I just tried it and it says I do not have sufficient Permission.

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Can you give me an example of a Root Explorer? Is Astro one of them? I just tried it and it says I do not have sufficient Permission.

If u updated via my instructions/or if not, I posted a folder of android applications that make the firmware better and easy editing. One of them is a root explorer/system app unistaller. Check it out

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum