How good is this Le Pan tablet?

Actnow

Dec 22, 2011
Hi, Guys:

Read so many news, posts on this Le Pan tablet. How good is this tablet? Its price went up recently. Shall I wait for it comes down, or shall I go for other tablets? I really like its screen size.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I just bought mine about a week ago. So far I just love it. My previous experience with android tablets is 3 various Coby Kyros tablets, and an HTC inspire smart phone. I found the Le Pan for 199.00 at Big Lots. Seemed like a great deal even though the 2 gig of on board memory seemed awfully small. Well, The screen is amazing. Razor sharp bright, and view-able from every possible angle. The touch screen is really responsive. Browser is fast. Apps load fast and work great. The tablet looks really good. Close enough in size to an ipad that many ipad cases will fit it.

I have had a few issues. It has frozen and started to vibrate 3 times. The only remedy for this is a reset. I contacted Le Pan about this and they said they were working on a firmware fix for this issue. There is a slight raised edge to the glass on one corner that I can feel ever so slightly. Google music doesn't work for me and I love that app. Had a few issues setting up wi fi at home Netgear router with wep security. Changed to wpa2 works fine now. WEP works great at my office linksys router.
Strangely I am writing this on my computer because the Le Pan won't let me bring up the keyboard for this input field. It lets me enter a title but won't write in this field.

I have been bumping along the bottom of the android tablet world for a year or so and the Le Pan, despite its quirks, is worth the price for sure. Cneck out the specs on the new Le Pan II. I have one on order from Amazon. Can't wait to get it.

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
I've had mine for almost a month now, I use it every day, my wife and kids use it some too. I have not had the issues mentioned above. Mine has been stellar. I have never hit my reset button. (I have had to reboot a couple times but I'm pretty sure it was an issue with the app, not the machine. could be wrong, but that's what I think.) I've never been dropped from any wifi network, though I know some others have had the same issues with WEP. Don't know what's up with the screen thing, that's weird.

It's been the coolest device I've ever owned, personally.

I love it.

btw, JohnA, what's wrong with the Google music? Mine works, I use it. Maybe try a re-install or something? idk. I'm listening to some Acid Bath on mine right now.

GL!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I have tried uninstalling and re installing google music. I have it on my Inspire and it is so cool. Love scrolling through the album cover carousel. I have it synced with my gmail account so I should be able to see all my "Cloud music". It doesn't see any music on the device either. I can hit the search and it will find my music that way. Otherwise it is just a black screen with the google music header. Amazon mp3 works perfectly. I think the router thing is the type of routers that I have and not the Le Pan. The vibration issue is bit disturbing but they say they are working on it at le pan. I did the firmware update. Have you? I have sent 2 service issue requests to Le Pan and they have responded promptly to both. Even though I have had some issues. I love this Tablet.

GnatGoSplat

Dec 5, 2011
The tablet is superb, it looks and feels like a much pricier tablet. It's fast and responsive, despite being just a single-core tablet. It has an excellent screen, uses IPS technology, exact same LG panel as used in the iPad 1. I would try to find it for $200 or less because many stores had it for that price. Walmart.com still does, if that helps. If you have a Discover card, going through ShopDiscover.com will make up for the tax.
I did have to reset mine twice due to sleep of death (in Android-speak, that means the tablet wouldn't wake up), but my wife uses it daily and hasn't had to reset it at all yet.
No other issues so far other than that. Battery life is superb! With daily use, the battery is only down to 50% after a whole week! Truly amazing, I have to charge my HP Touchpad every 2-3 days.

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
...Strangely I am writing this on my computer because the Le Pan won't let me bring up the keyboard for this input field. It lets me enter a title but won't write in this field.

Actually you can do it. Just press the text box area and then press the MENU bottom for 2 seconds, the keyboard will appear and you can input text :)

About the topic, my expereinces wasnt pleasure. I have to deal with frozen screens and sleeps of death all day. Last thing happen was while reading in the Kindle app...the screen goes green pixelated!!!

I´ve sent a case in the Support Le Pan website so I wait for an answer...I´m wondering if I update the firmware this bugs will fix em
Really hope so, i live in peru and it would be a pain to send to USA my tablet :/