How good (or bad) is the Acer Iconia 200?

laz7

Jul 16, 2012
Hello folks,

I'm considering purchasing an Acer Iconia A200 tablet since I think has good features and seems to be powerful for the price. However, I would like to hear the opinions of people who have tried it (is it good, bad, average? etc.). I especially would like to know about 3 points: 1) Possibility/ease of rooting it 2) Does it come with Google Play (The Android Market)? and 3) Android version? (I think I read it comes with Android 4, but I'm not sure, since the website where I'm planning to buy it says "upgradable to Android 4", so I supposed it comes with a lower version).

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Breann

Jan 25, 2013
Wow, no one is replying! I just got the tablet for Christmas, and I really like it. The power button is having some problems right now (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...r-button-starting-fail-trying-take-apart.html), but besides that it's great. 1) Didn't root mine 2) Don't all androids come with Google Play? 3) Mine came with Ice Cream sandwich. My SO got mine for me at walmart online refurbished for like $189, which is a pretty sweet deal (Purchase the Acer 10.1" Tablet PC, Iconia Tab A200-10G08W for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.).

laz7

Jul 16, 2012
Hello, thanks for your answer!

Yes, I figured it was a good tablet. Too bad it doesn't seem to be available here in Venezuela anymore. (Well, it probably is, but it's hard to find here; seems people bought all of them in December!).

Regards.

JP_Sartre

Jun 15, 2011
For the record, the a200 has been very solid. So much so, I bought an a110 7" and am liking it as well. Comes with google appstore and you can install Amazon appstore manually.

Last edited: