How I do I increase my application space in gtab

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
I am getting a warning that I am running low on application space in my gtab. It has 16 gigs onboard. How do I increase my app space?
Thks

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
Not sure, but I think move some applications to the external SD card (SDCard2) - not all apps are compatible with
this method... hope that helps... Dan

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
There should be a way to increase the amount of space for apps. I Sony's have that many installed.

Sent from my TnT G-Harmony using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
what applications do you have installed that are taking up that much space? You have quite a lot of room on g-tablet, so I am a little surprised you have run out of room.

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
Its only allocating 114mb for application storage. How do I increase that or do I just blank the damn thing and start over? I have nothing on it that I can't copy back over or reinstall.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Its only allocating 114mb for application storage. How do I increase that or do I just blank the damn thing and start over? I have nothing on it that I can't copy back over or reinstall.

What what rom is allocating that size? I will make sure to stay away from that rom.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What what rom is allocating that size? I will make sure to stay away from that rom.

Right, your tablet should be basically allowing you the rest of your open space to be used. Not limiting it.

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
dmcfarland,

Please check your available ROM memory by going into Settings > SD Card and Phone Storage. The amount is listed under Internal Phone Storage and "available space".
I installed tons of apps & games, and the 'available space" showed 1.55 GB.

Also, go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then look for the big ones. Click on the app and see the amount of data and cache.
What was the last app that you installed prior to receiving the notification ?
Last question, did you re-partition sd card prior to install the existing rom ?

Dave,

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011

I am using vegan tab 7.0.0 rc1 harmony. I was getting the same thing with tnt lite. I have clockwork mod installed and I can wipe the whole damn thing and start over again. I want to increase my app space to either 500 meg or 1g.

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
what applications do you have installed that are taking up that much space? You have quite a lot of room on g-tablet, so I am a little surprised you have run out of room.

I am able to move some apps over to my sd card and that seems to be helping. I am not referring to memory I am referring to actual physical storage. I am running acrobat reader, nook, kindle, androfficw, facebook,market, yahoo and winamp. Most of them are on the sdcard to conserve application space. There should be a setting somewhere in which I can expand that space.

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
The sticky talks about downlowding nvflash but the rest is somewhat confusing. Ill figure it out later.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Android Tablet Forum