How long does SOC take to perform root?

wwhite

Mar 2, 2011
Per shortfuse.org - SuperOneClick site I have done the following:
You NEED to put your phone on USB Debugging mode
You NEED to install make sure the Android drivers for your phone are installed
Make sure you DO NOT mount your SD card.

I went into settings and unmounted both SD cards (internal and external) per the previous sentence is that what is meant by "Make sure you DO NOT mount your SD card?

I'm seeing:

Starting ADB server..
daemon not running.. starting it now on port 5037 *
daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

SuperOneClick (Not Responding) appears in the title bar.

Thanks in advance.

wwhite

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks Fendogz I killed that attempt and reinstalled the USB drivers from Huawei. It finished within a minute on the next attempt.

mr2u

May 27, 2011
what if you dont have an internal SD card (telstra t touch) as im getting the same prob. its hanging at "Waiting for device...

SuperOneClick (Not Responding) appears in the title bar.

"

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have found that if SOC hangs during the rooting process, you should go to the huawei site and reinstall the Huawei drivers on your computer. This drove me crazy when I started as I was able to see and transfer files but could not root. I reinstalled the drivers from the huawei web site and problem solved. Another possibility you might look at are the awesome roms that tri-zet and joenilan have developed on the s7 technical forum. These are prerooted. Also look at the CWM7 that goodoane has put together. Good luck and enjoy the tinkering. Remember life is a journey not a destination.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Also if you install drivers for other Android device (like HTC phone), adb will stop working for the S7 and you need to reinstall the usb drivers.

bliytz

Nov 27, 2011
Also if you install drivers for other Android device (like HTC phone), adb will stop working for the S7 and you need to reinstall the usb drivers.

I'm encouraged to see that you've got a rooted 2.2.2 T-Touch tab... but how did you do it???

I'm stuck with fails at every SOC attempt :(

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
Try Gingerbreak 1.2 This worked for my Slim tablet. It took less than five minutes.