How stream audio to a stereo system?

rick7

Oct 19, 2011
Is there any way I could stream the audio from my Android tablet to a stereo receiver? Some thoughts I had: If I want to do it wirelessly, can Bluetooth help here? If I'm willing to run a cable between the two, can I run some sort of cable from the headphone jack on the tablet to something on the receiver? Or...?

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I'm curious about this as well...HDMI would probably work, although I am (again) curious as to other ways.

rick7

Oct 19, 2011
Right, except my "stereo system" (remember that old terminology?) is 18 years old and the receiver has only an AUXILIARY port. That baby sure doesn't have anything for HDMI.

One of these days I want to learn about Bluetooth (I'm still back in the dark ages), but my understanding is that most of our Android tablets are Bluetooth-enabled. Can that help us?

rick7

Oct 19, 2011
Does anyone know the maximum reasonable length of the cable you can use to connect a computer's headphone jack to a pair of external speakers? If that cable can be say, 10 feet without signal degradation, I wouldn't mind connecting the tablet that way. Anyone?

Last edited:

horsis

Oct 24, 2011
Tablet to audio system
Headphone audio to stereo system
if you are close to unit the cheapest way is use a $5 cable that is 3.5mm Male to RCA red and white Males
plug this into the input on reciever or amp and you are done
for long distance use and ethernet cable with audio balums approx $45 the above cable to one end RJ45 on cat5 and RCA to reciver or amp on other end
if neither one of these works for you contact me and I will give more solutions

rick7

Oct 19, 2011
Thank you, horsis -- much appreciated. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I see that there are 25' shielded 3.5 mm to RCA cables out there, and with that kind of distance I won't need the audio baluns; the receiver is definitely within 25 feet of where I'll be with the tablet. Great. Thank you.