How to access Excel files, apps to use?

grannie14

May 1, 2012
For a $1 it is probably worth trying out though. Might be just enough for some people. Documents To Go is the other major alternative while Onlive is sort of a different thing altogether but will allow you to work with docs.

I agree JP, for $1 certainly worth trying. Downloaded Office Pro 6 last night and looks like it will work fine. Also downloaded several others but haven't had time to work through them yet.

Now that I can access my Excel files, I'm curious if that data is accessable by others? If I have my contacts file there as an Excel CSV format, and I name it something obscure, can the apps who have permission for contacts obtain my data? Or can they only access the data in my "Contacts" app? If I have other data (in the same CSV format) that has URLs or email addresses in the text, can they access it?

I'm learning a lot, but it's bizarre when I go to bed thinking about all I'm try to stuff in my brain and then wake up thinking about it all too; and then not have time to get back into it right away. All the posters have been great. I appreciate your patience.:)

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
The Office Pro people acknowledged the bug this evening. Beware. An important project requires complete compatibility and Office Pro lacks it with their spreadsheet and text applications. Also, the PDF viewer has 2 very serious issues.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
bclinger said:
The Office Pro people acknowledged the bug this evening. Beware. An important project requires complete compatibility and Office Pro lacks it with their spreadsheet and text applications. Also, the PDF viewer has 2 very serious issues.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

You know, I've had no troubles with the word app with OfficeSuite Pro 6 and a quick search on Google doesn't return any reports of troubles. If you have some specific info I would like to hear it. I just don't think the sky is falling or anything and as I have noted elsewhere I own both OfficeSuite Pro and DTG (which I have used for years but just doesn't yet seem to be optimized for tablets).
As far as PDF readers go I haven't found one that works perfectly, I am most likely to use Repligo or ezPDF reader, and even these have their particular problems. I've actually never been fond of the PDF format anyway, given its seeming quirkiness on almost ANY platform, and even though there are times I have little choice but to use it I inevitably find myself frustrated to one degree or another.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I received a phone call from them concerning various issues. Most of these issues are apparent with heavy usage and attempts to stretch the application to its limits. For me an application must be stable and compatible and that means testing the application repeatedly trying to make it cough. The normal user does not do this. Their latest release addressed an issue, there are others though that need to be looked at. Adding columns and rows is cumbersome and does not always honor existing formatting. Hidden cells are not always maintained. Frankly, I am looking for issues. I did the same with DTG.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Working with PDF files for documentation purposes is my intention. After a period of time I then move individual files into one large file based on a set criteria. Office Suite handles basic displaying of small files and suffers with larger files. There is no share functionality with it, so moving it on becomes a multiple step task. The regular user may not be concerned, but if you do this several times, it becomes a problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk