How to access safe mode

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I stumbled onto this while trying to add 4 way reboot and screen shot to the power menu. The last time I've seen safe mode was on my first android (Samsung Moment) and I didn't have any idea what it was and ended up doing a factory rest to fix it. I never thought of it again till now, so I looked it up just in case it happens on this tablet. I came across a detailed article on it so I will just post that link. I found it by long pressing on power off on the power menu. I also noticed its the same on my phone so I'm sure some of use have seen or even know what this is but for anyone who doesn't here is a link that describes what safe mode is and how you can use it.
http://www.tested.com/tech/android/...ds-safe-mode-to-save-a-phone-from-boot-loops/

Here is what the menu looks like.
rTVgo.jpeg

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for posting.

This was added with Jelly Bean (and I think ICS) for most devices unless the OEM disabled it.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks for posting.

This was added with Jelly Bean (and I think ICS) for most devices unless the OEM disabled it.

I figured it was a jb thing but this was the first I've seen it. I posted it cause I'm sure that I'm not the only one who didn't know about this :sly: I never thought to long press the power off or anything on the power menu for that matter but I'm looking into adding advanced power menu to our tablet and I saw that long press can be added to it.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD