How to add Thai language to a Samsung Tab 2?

Doug_1970

Apr 6, 2013
Hi,

New poster here, so please be gentle.

My wife and I each have a Samsung Tab 2. I bought one in the US and one in the UK. On the US one, if I go to 'settings - language and input - language' I get a long list of OS languages to choose from. On the UK purchased tablet, I get a list but it has quite a few of the languages missing. One of these is Thai, which I want to run on both tablets.

I have searched this forum and can find plenty of posts on how to add a Thai keyborad, but none about how to add Thai to the languages list. Is there something that I can copy from one tablet to the other?

Thanks

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Welcome to the forum
Great to have you with us :)

What your tab model?
Two option:
- Easy - Flash Thailand firmware.
- Challenge - Flash Thailand language.

Go for easy route ;)

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

Doug_1970

Apr 6, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply. The tablets are both Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, but the model numbers are slightly different, although in appearence they are identical.

The UK purchased one is model GT-P3110

The US purchased one is model GT-P3113

Is the difference in model numbers to do with the firware?

Thanks

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
The UK purchased one is model GT-P3110

This UK is missing Thailand language pack?

Flash GT-P3110 Thailand firmware. This firmware you need to convert your current to Thailand with it's language pack http://hotfile.com/dl/188447045/222...-GT-P3110-THL-P3110XXCLL3-1355467800.zip.html

How to flash, check this thread at post#3 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...t-unroot-links-all-galaxy-tablet-devices.html

Unofficial installation not from Samsung will void your warranty. Anything you do are at your own risk. You have been warned!

Is the difference in model numbers to do with the firmware?

To ensure you flash a.k.a install firmware. Your model is important as not to damage your devices.

TapaTalking from Republic™ Of Android

bruyes811

Feb 1, 2014
I have a similar request, however with a Tab 3, SM-T311. I bought it in Thailand, but it does not contain Thai in the main list of languages under the "Language and Input" menu.
I would like all of the device display language to be in Thai if possible.Thanks
BY