How to Back-Up my Archos 70 ... ???

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Is there a simple way to back-up everything on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB?

I have a feeling that I will need to reformat this tablet again, possibly numerous times ...

I've already had to reformat three times (in only two days!). I lost everything. Wasted many hours downloaded lots of apps, rebooting, calling Tech Support ...

I don't have time to keep doing this, so I need to have everything backed up, so next time I reformat, I can then just transfer everything back to the Archos.

Any suggestions .... ????

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
yes, I asked the same question earlier. There mustn't be a way, cause no-one seems to be replying????

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Is there a simple way to back-up everything on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB?

I have a feeling that I will need to reformat this tablet again, possibly numerous times ...

I've already had to reformat three times (in only two days!). I lost everything. Wasted many hours downloaded lots of apps, rebooting, calling Tech Support ...

I don't have time to keep doing this, so I need to have everything backed up, so next time I reformat, I can then just transfer everything back to the Archos.

Any suggestions .... ????

On another forum, somebody posted a hack that will allow you to back up everything, but the hack will void your warranty! I do not want to void my warranty. I bought an extended three-year warranty for my Archos.

I wonder if there might be a work-around ... I was thinking that if I could find an external USB micro-drive (SDHC), then maybe I could download a bunch of apps to the micro-SDHC cards, and all of my other files as well.

The biggest problem is having to download all my apps all over again, which is much more time consuming that simply transferring over a bunch of files.

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
I installed Advanced Phone Assistant, which has a backup function. I can't get this app to backup my files. I connected my Archos 70 via the USB cable to my MacPro, but the functions, "Backup," and "Backup All," are grayed out, so I cannot choose those functions.

Maybe the only way to really backup the Archos 70 is to do the Root backup (which will void the warranty!). I do not want to void my warranty. I purchased an additional 3-year warranty.

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
I am able to access my MacPro from my Archos 70. Seems like the only files that I can open from my MacPro to the Archos 70 is from the Dropbox folder though, even though I can see all the files on my MacPro from the Archos 70.

Wonder if there is some method to back up Archos files to my MacPro, without having to connect via USB cable ....