How to browse Windows share from QuickPic?

larsm

Jul 7, 2012
Hello you good people,
I have a Windows 7 pc with a network share containing my photos.
I can connect to the share from my Android 4.0 tablet using ES File Explorer, but when I click a photo there, it shows in a very generic type picture viewer the ES Picture Viewer.
When I use ES File Explorer to browse to local (as opposed to network) folders, and click a photo, then it will give me the option to open the file with QuickPic or with the ES Picture Viewer.
How can I get that option, when browsing network shares?
Cheers,
Lars

spektr

Jul 26, 2012
larsm said:
Hello you good people,
I have a Windows 7 pc with a network share containing my photos.
I can connect to the share from my Android 4.0 tablet using ES File Explorer, but when I click a photo there, it shows in a very generic type picture viewer the ES Picture Viewer.
When I use ES File Explorer to browse to local (as opposed to network) folders, and click a photo, then it will give me the option to open the file with QuickPic or with the ES Picture Viewer.
How can I get that option, when browsing network shares?
Cheers,
Lars

Hey, I have same problem. Did you solve it?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think this is a limitation of networked file managers. Using ES it only opens in the ES Picture Viewer.

The only workaround that may work would be to install CIFS and mount your shares in the /sdcard/ directory and then QuickPic will think they are on the internal memory. One needs to be rooted to use CIFS though.