How to Change MID701 Display from Chinese to English?

Jerihogan

Nov 19, 2011
I have 1 of those generic MID701 Epad from China & haven't been able to get it to connect to WiFi, so I read somewhere that sometimes you need to restore the system to factory condition to get every to work right..well I did that and everything came up great, I think, don't really know, cuz it's in Chinese and I don't read Chinese and can't seem to get it to go back to all English....I'm so frustrated with this GREAT BARGAIN :mad::( I got on Ebay, that I'm ready to take it to one of those techie PC repair places and pay 3x what it's worth just to get it working. Anyone have any ideas about how to get it to display English? And, I've read the threads about others who couldn't connect to WiFi with this same model - have any of them fixed that problem?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Jeri, welcome to Android Tablets. Nice to have you with us as a member of the forum. I'm moving your thread over to the Android Tablet Q&A section to see if someone can help you get that display back to English. Good luck!

AtlantaTerry

Jul 5, 2011
Take it with you and go have lunch at a Chinese restaurant. After your meal, ask one of the young folks there to help you.

When you reset the tablet and reboot you should be at the Home page with several default icons in place.

click on: Settings (the icon is round and looks like a vehicle tire)
click on: Language & keyboard (the icon is a small white square with a black "A" in it) (on mine it's the 10th one down)
click on: Select language (on mine it's the first one)
scroll down until you see the language you want and click on that

Finished!

If nothing else, just blindly click on the icons or positions I have described. LOL

Terry Thomas
Atlanta, Georgia USA

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, also check out more android tablets/wondermedia based section of the forum for info and links to many issues including rooting, wifi,custom roms etc.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

mythica

Jul 1, 2013
Take it with you and go have lunch at a Chinese restaurant. After your meal, ask one of the young folks there to help you.

When you reset the tablet and reboot you should be at the Home page with several default icons in place.

click on: Settings (the icon is round and looks like a vehicle tire)
click on: Language & keyboard (the icon is a small white square with a black "A" in it) (on mine it's the 10th one down)
click on: Select language (on mine it's the first one)
scroll down until you see the language you want and click on that

Finished!

If nothing else, just blindly click on the icons or positions I have described. LOL

Terry Thomas
Atlanta, Georgia USA

You are my HERO!!!

anica

Nov 23, 2013
Hi everyone, I see these posts are all old but I need a help, I'm not living near any Chinese restaurant and I'm in the same situation as Jerihogan, how did you solve it?

I have android I8090 and had a same problem with not connecting to the internet so I restore to the factory settings and now it's all in Chinesee.

Please help, pleasee