How to close apps

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Charlie, welcome to the forum. There are several free app killers available on the market if you feel you need one.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
As Spider said, you can either use a task killer or manually close an app through the settings menu on your tablet.

If you want a task killer, A good one is the aptly named "Advanced Task Killer".

To manually close a specific app without installing a task killer, open up the tab settings menu, go to the Applications tab, and click "Manage Applications". After that, find the application you want to close, tap it, then click "Force Close".

That's it!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

bezzeb

Feb 22, 2012
Sorry to jump on a slightly old thread but.... I find this a bit out of touch from the GUI developer community.

What if i want to remove a task from the task list because I'm just sick of seeing it and have decided it's finished? It's clear they aren't running or using batteries as they aren't in the running application list, but seeing every application I've ever used in the task switcher degrades the usefulness of the task switcher. And I frankly don't want to remind the world of everything I've ever opened on my tablet...

Is there no way to change this? I love everything about my new Xoom 2 except the "task switcher" pollution. Oh and not liking Google's privacy invading grubby fingers.