(How To) CM7 Bootable SD

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok I'm having a problem getting Google on following your instructions. I'm asked about a exchange server? And I can't connect thru USB.

What do you mean by getting "Google" specifically? The Google apps? At which step did it ask you about exchange server?

I haven't tried a USB connection with CM7 and don't know if that is supported. I'll check it out.

Edit: CM7 does support usb.

Plug the cable into the nook then into the pc. The pc will probably give a driver error, just click ok.
Open the notifications drawer in CM7 and touch through as follows: Notifications>USB Connected>Turn On USB Storage>Ok

You should now have two drives pop up under my computer in windows. One is for the "internal" CM7 drive and the other is for the CM7 SD card. You can move files to and from the internal but it didn't recognize a card in the SD slot for me. In otherwords it didn't detect any SD memory space. I thought CM7 supported a virtual SD but I will have to look into this more.

JP

Last edited:

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
What do you mean by getting "Google" specifically? The Google apps? At which step did it ask you about exchange server?

I haven't tried a USB connection with CM7 and don't know if that is supported. I'll check it out.

JP

When I goto sync my account it comes up with add exchange server. I'm running the latest cm7 echo I think it is.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
When I goto sync my account it comes up with add exchange server. I'm running the latest cm7 echo I think it is.

You are probably going Menu>Settings>Accounts & sync>>Add account>Corporate which is not what you want unless you are actually trying to add an exchange account.

Instead try Menu>Settings>Accounts & sync>>Add account>Google

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
You are probably going Menu>Settings>Accounts & sync>>Add account>Corporate which is not what you want unless you are actually trying to add an exchange account.

Instead try Menu>Settings>Accounts & sync>>Add account>Google

So where it says Google that is a menu choice? Or that's what I type in?

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
you don't have tablet tweaks? are you sure you have the latest cm7 encore 7.0.0??

Ok yes I now have the right one, I had someones modded cm7. I am now in the process of downloading and reinstalling my apps since I can't get them onto my SD card.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

GDBruce

Apr 24, 2011
I am getting stuck at step 4.
When I try to write the image to the usd I get the write error "Not enough space on disk."
But I have a blank 16 gig usd????

Any suggestions appreciated

Edit* I was able to get it going and it works great.
I did some searching and found that for some people (me being one), the img must be in the root of the pc and I had to use the older version of win32 disk img, but was able to make it happen.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am getting stuck at step 4.
When I try to write the image to the usd I get the write error "Not enough space on disk."
But I have a blank 16 gig usd????

Any suggestions appreciated

Edit* I was able to get it going and it works great.
I did some searching and found that for some people (me being one), the img must be in the root of the pc and I had to use the older version of win32 disk img, but was able to make it happen.

Glad you figured it out. I think you'll enjoy the ROM. Not perfectly speedy but perfectly usable for a bootable ROM on an SD card :)

JP

GDBruce

Apr 24, 2011
Its much faster than I am and if B&N don't have good apps, it will get the full root.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum