(How To) CM7 Bootable SD

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Found out that granddaughter's Color Nook freezes up no matter which OS it is using. Abby's aunt (my oldest daughter) currently has the Nook. She is more computer/device literate and it will be easier to get pertinent info. :) The only thing I could suggest is to remove the SD card and reset it.

dangeorges

Oct 16, 2012
I have two questions:

1. Will this work for the Nook Tablet?
2. Will putting this SD card into the Nook Tablet and then booting up the Nook Tablet modify or otherwise destroy/kill/brick the Tablet or its OS/h.boot/recovery?

Thanks,
Dan

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have two questions:

1. Will this work for the Nook Tablet?
2. Will putting this SD card into the Nook Tablet and then booting up the Nook Tablet modify or otherwise destroy/kill/brick the Tablet or its OS/h.boot/recovery?

Thanks,
Dan

No this specific set of instruction is for the Nook Color only. The same thing can be done for the Nook Tablet but it requires the use of different files than the ones listed here. If you buy a pre-made card such as from N2A you need to make sure you get the correct card for your device (Color or Tablet).

Using the wrong card in the Nook Color or Nook Tablet will not cause any problems with the device, it just won't boot to CM7.

dangeorges

Oct 16, 2012
No this specific set of instruction is for the Nook Color only. The same thing can be done for the Nook Tablet but it requires the use of different files than the ones listed here. If you buy a pre-made card such as from N2A you need to make sure you get the correct card for your device (Color or Tablet).

Using the wrong card in the Nook Color or Nook Tablet will not cause any problems with the device, it just won't boot to CM7.

Thank you!

jonabram

Nov 28, 2012
Hi OP,

Thanks much for posting detail instructions for NC.

Could you please post similar instructions for NT? I am not able to find which files to download for NT.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Mmmm,I like OP better than JP! OP like opossum,or opium or optical or better than all opinionated....I'm going to call you OP from now on,JP! :-D

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Help, my tablet does not load? It turns on but only shows "a n d r o i d" it is fully charged?

Did you try and follow this procedure or is it because of another reason? Simply remove the SD card, format it and try again if you are trying this procedure.

ray2047

Feb 25, 2014
If I should have started a new thread apologies. I can't get Gparted to resize a Fat 32 partition. Some research seems to indicate it no longer has that ability. Can I format my card Ext 4? I am doing this in Linux. No Windows machine available.

Edit: I am a bit confused. I read to other tutorials and they did not say to resize the boot sector. Also is Encore.zip supose to be copied to the boot partition? That is why I thought it was being resized but after reading other tutorials I'm not sure.

Last edited: