how to connect huawei E169 usb modem on superpad

addeist

Apr 9, 2011
Hi all,
I bought superpad II flytouch 3 8Gb. Everything is ok, except to connect with my huawey e169 usb modem 3g/hsdpa. If I put my modem to pad's usb ports, 3G indication is detect and on. But I cannot connect to internet.
Give me some advices please, to connect internet with my huawei e169 usb modem.
Pleaseee......
I dont have experience with android yet.
Thanks before

birojk

Apr 9, 2011
I have same problem too, I use USB modem Huawei E169 (a standar modem for Telkomsel Flash Indonesia). So, if someone have suggests, pleasee... I really want connect with my usb modem with my superpad. thanks

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hi All,
I do not have a compatible USB modem, but my understanding is this:
You need to setup an 'APN' with the settings provided by your telco.
normally you would do this in Settings->Wireless and Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names. But myself and many other users have reported that when you setup an APN in here and save it, it does not appear in the APN list. So to get around this issue, download an app called 'APN Manager' and setup the APN this way. All you need to do then is activate the APN in APN manager and you should be online.

If you cannot get the specific APN settings from your telco, then google or these links may help:
Access Point Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
APNlist.wiki - cyanogenmod - CyanogenMod Android ROM - Google Project Hosting

Remember, as of current firmware there are only a few modems supported, I cant find the list atm, but there was only 4. Huewai E1750 is definately one. But if you get the 3g indicator pop up, it looks good for you that your modem is supported.

Hope it works for you.

addeist

Apr 9, 2011
Thanks bro, for your attention,
I have set APN, according to my operator setting:
Name : Telkomsel
APN : internet
MCC : 510 (automatic select from my modem)
MNC : 10 (automatic select from my modem)

3G indicator are shown on the top taskbar, I use some program from android market, but still cannot connect.
After I compare with android on the my friend's phone, I cannot see menu "3G setting" on my "wireleess&network" menu.
I think the problem not about my device, but about it's android froyo. i think, my android must be reinstall or change to Android 3.0 Honey comb.
could you help me how to install Android 3.0 on my device?
this is my device's spec:
Superpad III flytouch 2, 10.2"
1 Ghz X220 processor
512 RAM, 2 GB nandflash, 6 GB free internal hardisk (all internal hardisk 8Gb)
Tflash 16GB.
Wi-Fi, 2 x USB slot, 1 x HDMI slot, 1 x RJ45 slot.

jacktory

Apr 19, 2011
Hi to all

on my little experience i have try one Superpad with android 2.1 infotmic chip
and i have setup correct APN and i have restart and my Huawei usb 3g key work (mod. e1550)
flashing and start to connect

I have now the new superpad II with android 2.2 20110316 infotmic
and the same internet key flashing bat don't wont to start connection.

In all the case there is a 3G icon flashing.

I think ther is some problem of permission on write config file....

please help us

Last edited:

jenokz

Oct 12, 2011
.... But if you get the 3g indicator pop up, it looks good for you that your modem is supported.

Hope it works for you.
3g indicator pop up, but both up and down arrow blinking and wont connect. any clue ?

Note: my modem is e153, not e1750 nor e169

Last edited:

andyp

Oct 25, 2011
I am using gome flytouch II
the OS stil using Android 2.1

and i can't find whre the apn setting menu... can any body shows me how to setup the modem for my device?

thanks