How to copy corrupted SD card?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
It seems that my current SD card, of the sudden started to have lags at some games.
Only way to come back to normal, is to reboot my NOOK.
I think that its time to replace my current card.
Can I just copy all data from this card to another through PC and then put the new card back to Nook for normal use?All apps would work fine?

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
It seems that my current SD card, of the sudden started to have lags at some games.
Only way to come back to normal, is to reboot my NOOK.
I think that its time to replace my current card.
Can I just copy all data from this card to another through PC and then put the new card back to Nook for normal use?All apps would work fine?

Here's a thought before you go out and buy a new card. How 'bout you back everything up with Titanium Backup to Dropbox. Then try reformatting your card right in your Nook. Restore from your Dropbox TB and give it a whirl.

If it still misbehaves then it's probably time for a new (faster?) card.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Thought I would ask while my NC is backing up in TB, how do you save the backup in drop box?

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
Thought I would ask while my NC is backing up in TB, how do you save the backup in drop box?

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum
:
Don't remember exactly, but you need 2 things. You need a Dopbox account and the paid Pro version of TB. After yu have Dropbox set up, start TB and click the menu icon. Go to Preferences and check Enable Dropbox. You'll figure it out from there. Good luck with the SD card!

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Or just copy the entire contents of your card to your PC, reformat the card in your NC, move the files back and see if it helps. Its kinda like defragging your SD Card to help with speed issues.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Thank U all for your replies.
The matter is a bit complicated, as it seems the lag it happens only at Townspeople6 game.I thought it was a problem of the card, cause in Vplayer also in videos started having black screens, but after some uninstall and reinstall of Vplayer, everything fine there.
So since I dont see any other problems with other apps, then I think its not a problem of the card.

Anyway, all the opinions here helped with knowing more about what to do in the future.
Darmeen are U sure that just by copying the card to pc and back to the card, everything should work?The same can happen with other card or maybe Nook marks a card when its using it?
Also, very useful info about Titanium and Dropbox.I would give it a try. :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Anyway, all the opinions here helped with knowing more about what to do in the future.
Darmeen are U sure that just by copying the card to pc and back to the card, everything should work?The same can happen with other card or maybe Nook marks a card when its using it?

You can copy data from a card to the pc and back to any other card. The nook doesn't do anything special to distinguish one card from another. The only problem you might have with that method is if your files are corrupted then coping to your pc and back to an SD card will mean you are just copying corrupted files back and forth to the new or cleaned SD.