How to Copy Files from USB Drive

bushyiii

Oct 22, 2012
Just got a new 10 Tablet, instructions in Chinese. I attached a USB drive with picture files, I engaged Explorer, long click on a file and a menu is displayed with copy command available. Once I click copy and move to my home folder I cannot get any paste command. I guess I am doing this wrong but cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The paste command differs from file manager to file manager and is rarely all that obvious. My first suggestion would be to try ES File Explorer as it is more capable than the default FM. If you are still having issues with that, come back and ask.

bushyiii

Oct 22, 2012
I figured out how to execute the paste function. There is an icon called "Editor", when it is clicked it exposes the Paste function. Go figure.

bushyiii

Oct 22, 2012
There is no problem with mounted the USB drive, it automatically mounts, the problem was discovering how to expose the "paste" option. The OS (JelleyBean) doesn't open a context menu by doing a long click, it requires using a menu called "Editor". By accessing "Editor" I can paste items I copied from the USB stick into local memory.