how to decorate-customize a500s desktop?

yoyoyomonica

Oct 22, 2011
my husband has go launcher on his phone. i tried to put it on my tab and it doesnt work. i want to pretty up my tab and be able to do cool things too. what do i do to make this happen.? i appreciate any help. thanks. Oh and do you have to have a virus scan of some sort on this unit? kind of new to using tabs.

Chasmanian

Aug 23, 2011
GO launcher doesn't install from market, but ADW Launcher EX does. It also has some cool transitions and uses themes. If you're dead set on GO, you can install it from an SD card, but it will need some tweaking as it's not intended for tablets yet. You will have to change the number of desktop rows and columns. Good luck!

I personally do not have any anti virus software installed, but eventually viruses for the android system will become harder to avoid and more destructive, I'm sure. If you think you want to play it safe, many people seem to like Lookout and AVG.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Seriously, why would you put a different launcher on Honeycomb?

Why not learn the capabilities of what you have before you try to change it. There is VERY little to gain by adding a non standard launcher. Desktop backgrounds widgets can be changed simply by long-pressing the desktop, and you can download widgets from the market with ease. But don't try to force a phone app to work on a tablet.

This isn't windows, and there is no documented case of any virus being detected by any antivirus program on Android. There are no android viruses. Period. Full stop.!

There is malware, but you have to install this yourself, usually by downloading it from some Chinese website, and the AV programs out there have a very bad reputation at catching these things.
Get your apps from the Market or the Amazon market and you will be fine.

Pompeybear

Dec 16, 2010
I personally use launcher pro, as it lets me use different icon packs, different widgets for fb and twitter , resize widgets and get more stuff on to the screen. Also it means I can add static apps down right hand side of screen. I liked my layout from my previous tablet and wanted it copied. Runs very smooth

BucketAcerTab

Sep 12, 2011
I use ADW too, have it on my ThunderBolt as well. I like to switch things all the time, I wish you could have better wallpaper, I've tried all kinds of stuff to make it fit right but it's always to zoomed in and off center ... Any ideas on wallpaper setups ?
Mark

SoHaunted

Sep 22, 2011
I use ADW too, have it on my ThunderBolt as well. I like to switch things all the time, I wish you could have better wallpaper, I've tried all kinds of stuff to make it fit right but it's always to zoomed in and off center ... Any ideas on wallpaper setups ?
Mark

multipicture live wallpaper takes images and resizes them perfectly, you dont need to use multiple pictures if you dont want to just a single is possible but the important thing is the wallpaper is the right size.

I also use ADW EX on my tablet as i like being able to change column and rows sizes,as well as use custom icons