How to develop your own apps and games

Irish_PXzyan

Aug 18, 2011
Well lads! I owned a flytouch 3 tabet for half a year and was very impressed with it, I have now sold it and I have the Acer A500 on its way. I'm wondering how would I go about learning to develop my own apps and games. Are there any books I could buy/download? Maybe even programs to use on my computer or even the Apad itself? Any advice would be fantastic :)

n315on

Aug 26, 2011
There are several ways to get started. The Google developer’s website has everything you need to get started; in general, you will download the android development kit (free) and program in Eclipse (also free). Check out the tutorials and sample code there. Programming is in Java.

As far a books, I bought and used the SAMS teach yourself android in 24 hrs. It walks you from setting up the software on your PC through a complete application. I recommend it because it starts simple, and adds to the project as you go.

I recently published my first app, a simple game; you can check it out in the market, just search for A.S.W (short for anti-submarine warfare). Not doing a lot of downloads, but I learned a lot from doing this project (almost 1 years worth of work), I am happy that it works on firmware’s 1.6 and up, scales to all screen sizes, and I have had no reports of crashes or freezes yet.

Good luck and let me know if I can provide any other info.