How to do a factory reset and why?

mjduff

Feb 9, 2012
Would reseting my tablet help with a software issue? I have been having an issue with office suite since the update.

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
It certainly could. The factory reset will clean up your tablet. Remove all apps you have installed, which might interfere with your office package. It also remove cache and basically will allow you to start on a blank page.

A few tips:

Your tablet might start up with Chinese Language settings so be sure you know how to change back to English (unless you are one of the 1 billion who understand Chinese)
Remember to Back-up your data.
Start installing the Office package before you install any other apps.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Go to settings, you can do this by either clicking the Settings Icon on your home page or the battery level Icon and then clicking View all settings. Then click Privacy, to your right you will see Personal Data. Under this you will see Factory data reset. Click this and follow the prompts its pretty easy and only takes a few minutes.

Hope this helps I have had to reset once to get all my programs working after the update. It seems that a clean slate helps a lot. :D

Jim

Last edited:

mjduff

Feb 9, 2012
Well, I did the reset and reload Officesuite and it is still not working. I guess I am going to have a long, ongoing relationship with the developer. They sent me a new updated version of the program. No Joy. I did the factory reset. No Joy. I guess I will have find another program to do the job.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Sorry it didn't work. Hopefully there will be an update either in the form of Vizio firmware or the program itself. I spoke with vizio support today on another issue and she said they expect a firmware update to fix a few minor issues with the HC update.

Jim

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Jan 4, 2012
What office suite App are you trying to use that is not playing nice with HC? I would have thought by now most apps would have been updated for HC, it's far from new lol.

mjduff

Feb 9, 2012
Officesuite Pro 5 They have even sent me an updated version to sideload. It crashes every time I open a document or when I attempt to save a new one. I have found another program to replace it that is working fine and its free.