How to do a Factory Reset COBY KYROS MID7033

Egono

Dec 8, 2012
Hi I have a Coby Kyros MID7033 and forget the pattern code, I was triyng with the reset factory but in the web page of coby and the manual I can´t find how to do, in this forum I was reading some methodos for the reset but I can´t do it
Let me explain the steps I do...

1- Turn off the tablet
2- press and the same time home buttom and the power buttom
3- the logo coby appears after a couple seconds apears the logo the android
and nothing only display the pattern code, some have idea to reset factory

Can anyone helpme to find the right way to do a Factory Reset in this model ?

Thanks

P.S: Sorry but my english not is very well.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
So your keypress is obviously not the correct one. Try power, volume -, and the back button to get into recovery. From there you should be able to do a factory reset.

Así que se oprime una tecla, obviamente no es la correcta. Trate de encendido, volumen - y el botón de nuevo para entrar en la recuperación. Desde allí, usted debería ser capaz de realizar un restablecimiento de fábrica.

Egono

Dec 8, 2012
So your keypress is obviously not the correct one. Try power, volume -, and the back button to get into recovery. From there you should be able to do a factory reset.

Así que se oprime una tecla, obviamente no es la correcta. Trate de encendido, volumen - y el botón de nuevo para entrar en la recuperación. Desde allí, usted debería ser capaz de realizar un restablecimiento de fábrica.

Hi Traveller1701

Thanks por the fast reply, then I need to press and the same time the: Power Buttom, Volume- and the Back Buttom ? the tree and the same time but with the tablet ON or Off ?

Thanks

Hi again Hi Traveller1701

I try to enter the recovery system but if I press Power Buttton, Volumen -, and the back button and the same time do not turn on and then release the bottoms and press power buttom but no turn on I need to press the button of reset and the press the power button but I can´t do enter the recoery menu. or may be I was doing worng

Thanks again...

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I had forgotten. The 7033 uses a VI Micro processor, thus its mount points are very different from the ones in the Allwinner CPU. I can give you the reboot command but you will have to find out which of your partitions is the recovery partition and place that in the correct place in the command.

Type "adb mount" to get a list of your partitions. One will be the recovery partition, but because I don't have your tablet I can't tell you which it is. Once you figure out which partition it is, type the following:

Code:
adb shell
su
echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=<partition> count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot

That will get you into recovery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Se me había olvidado. El 7033 utiliza un procesador de Micro VI, por lo que sus puntos de montaje son muy diferentes de los de la CPU Allwinner. Te puedo dar el comando reboot pero usted tendrá que averiguar cuál de las particiones es la partición de recuperación y el lugar que en el lugar correcto en el comando.

Tipo "adb mount" para obtener una lista de las particiones. Una de ellas será la partición de recuperación, sino porque no tengo la tableta no te puedo decir qué es. Una vez que averiguar qué partición está, escriba lo siguiente:

Code:
adb shell
su
echo -n boot-recovery | busybox dd of=<partition> count=1 conv=sync; sync; reboot

Eso te llevará a la recuperación.

Egono

Dec 8, 2012
Ok but I suppouse that the tablet I need to connect to my pc rigth ? and these command I write in the command windows cmd

Thanks pal.

Egono

Dec 8, 2012
Hi Traveller1701 I finally I found how make a factory reset well first you instructions are correct but not work I do these step
1. Turn on the tablet
2. When the logo o COBY appears press the same time Power Buttom, Volume - and the back Buttom
3 After a couple seconds Wuala..!! apears the logo android with the instructions to format the tablet

Then Finally I make a format to my tablet thanks a lot for you helo my friend

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'm glad you figured it out. It's not easy to figure these things out when I don't have the tablet.

Me alegro de que lo imaginó. No es fácil de entender estas cosas cuando yo no tengo la tableta.