How to Do Contacts

bobrichmondhill

Jul 6, 2014
Polaroid PMID750 tablet, bought as refurbished.

My first Android device - how to enter/handle contacts? I googled help from a forum somewhere, and saw reference to using the contacts app- but I don't have a contact app (at least by that name, or anything that I recognize). I have a widget that when activated says "search contacts" - have gone on app store and found various 3rd party things for sorting/managing existing contacts - but...

A thought - as "refurbished" could there have been a contacts app, and previous user deleted it? Or am I just missing something here.

Thanks to anyone in advance.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I forgot exactly which version, I think it was ICS and prior that used the term people. That has changed to Contacts. In short, look for a People app.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you know where the app drawer is, it should be there, listed with ALL the apps. One or the other must be there somewhere.

bobrichmondhill

Jul 6, 2014
I'm not familiar with the term "app drawer", but I get list of what i believe to be all apps and widgets by pressing the little six-dot icon in top right corner. And there is no "people", no "contacts". There is a widget called "contact", which if i activate, it says "search in contacts", but is not too helpful.

btw, according to purchase box this is Android 4.1, while the system info says 4.04. I guess they round up. :)

If there is actually no contacts/people, have i any other option, or am i s-o-l as they say? Any way to download/install an equivalent from somewhere? (Actually, this isn't such a huge deal: I may read/reply email on this device, but do most email contact from laptop - but would still like to know what is going on here).

Again, thanks to anyone in advance

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm pretty certain there should be a one or the other in your system somewhere. Go to settings - apps and scroll to the right to "all". Look for one of them there and make sure you look at the bottom of the list in case it got disabled, which is where it would appear.

bobrichmondhill

Jul 6, 2014
Ok, I go to settings - apps; I can select between three tabs: downloaded, on SD card, and running - I don't see anything I can scroll from here...