How to do I upgrade to 4.04

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It may not even be possible. It depends on many thing probably the most important of which is what device you have. Without providing any information of even the most basic kind you are unlikely to get any meaningful response. Additionally most people right now are just happy to get an update to any version of Android 4.0 so you may not get immediate help updating to a specific slightly different version of 4.0 even if it does exist for your device.

If you want to receive help you need to help others help you.

gsuemnic

Apr 25, 2012
it may not even be possible. It depends on many thing probably the most important of which is what device you have. Without providing any information of even the most basic kind you are unlikely to get any meaningful response. Additionally most people right now are just happy to get an update to any version of android 4.0 so you may not get immediate help updating to a specific slightly different version of 4.0 even if it does exist for your device.

If you want to receive help you need to help others help you.

Boy, seems you folks have an antitude. Please cancel my membership !!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Boy, seems you folks have an antitude. Please cancel my membership !!!

No attitude, happy to help but there are literally hundreds of Android devices and you need to provide at least some basic information. You will find this is one of the most helpful and friendly Android Forums on the internet but we can't possibly respond to every "Help my tablet doesn't work! How do I fix it?" post that comes through here with no more information than that. If you take a moment to look at the posts you can see the vagueness of your question and the simple response that you are asking for minutia without providing even one single detail of information to use to help you.

Thank you and have a nice day :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Except for JP. :) :) :) Just kidding, they don't come any nicer, and JP is right. I am signed up for several Android forums and this is the only one I come to on a daily basis, sometimes just to give or get a hard time. This is a very friendly and knowledgeable group. What device do you have? You could also do a Google search for ICS 4.04 release dates.

JP is also right that most are just happy to have the 4.0. I got it yesterday, the first day available for my tablet.

Hope you stick around!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I don't see the discussion on How to do I upgrade to 4.04 within the Ice Cream Sandwich forums

The answer to that would depend on which device you have and should be asked in the forum for your device. To answer a question as simple as, "How do I turn my tablet on?" requires knowing which tablet you have, and you still haven't answered that simple question. As JP pointed out, people can't help you if they don't even know which tablet you're asking questions about.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Don't think he's coming back..was it something I said?? I haven't heard of any ics 4.0.4 releases yet.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Don't think he's coming back..was it something I said?? I haven't heard of any ics 4.0.4 releases yet.

No, I think it was me :) Exactly... who is looking at 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 of Android when right now everybody is just excited to get ICS (4.0.whatever).

Edit: Oh and by the way 0.4 was just released 3/29/12, so I'm sure all the OEMs will be pushing it to their devices any second now :D

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I certainly hope so :) ( not about it being you! ...about ics4.0.4. Honest!, :) )

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I certainly hope so :) ( not about it being you! ...about ics4.0.4. Honest!, :) )

Unfortunately I was just being sarcastic about 4.0.4. any minute. I doubt there will be any rush by the OEMs to update an update they haven't finished rolling out yet :(

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Oooohhhh your attitude will get you in trouble one day you know!! :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
userbe1155 said:
Oooohhhh your attitude will get you in trouble one day you know!! :)

JP is a moderator! How can a moderator get into trouble? :) :)

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
My tablet has android 4.03 how to do I upgrade to 4.04 ?

Typically point upgrades are released by device manufacturers. So you would need to check with yoir tablet maker for thier schedule. If your running a custom rom then upgrade using that dev's rom

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2