How to do I upgrade to 4.04

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Unfortunately I was just being sarcastic about 4.0.4. any minute. I doubt there will be any rush by the OEMs to update an update they haven't finished rolling out yet :(

Goood point J515OP updates mean additionals support costs so thiz is not something manufacturers willingly rush into

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
AnimaTechnica said:
Typically point upgrades are released by device manufacturers. So you would need to check with yoir tablet maker for thier schedule. If your running a custom rom then upgrade using that dev's rom

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

This is a bit off topic, but not really since op sems to have left the building, but is there a way to selete the garbage that keeps showing up on my task bar? With Honeycomb it was easy as they displayed individually and you could close them out. With ICS they all dislay together and not way I can see to close them. Secondary question, why are they showing up in the first place?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is a bit off topic, but not really since op sems to have left the building, but is there a way to selete the garbage that keeps showing up on my task bar? With Honeycomb it was easy as they displayed individually and you could close them out. With ICS they all dislay together and not way I can see to close them. Secondary question, why are they showing up in the first place?

Not 100% sure what you are talking about but is sounds like you mean notifications. When you touch the clock it brings up the notifications. To dismiss an individual notification slide it off to the right. To dismiss all click the x that shows up in the lower right. ICS uses a lot of left-right swipes. You can also do the same for recent apps that pop up when you press the taks manager button by home and back. Slide them off (either direction actually) to get rid of that recent app.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
J515OP said:
Not 100% sure what you are talking about but is sounds like you mean notifications. When you touch the clock it brings up the notifications. To dismiss an individual notification slide it off to the right. To dismiss all click the x that shows up in the lower right. ICS uses a lot of left-right swipes. You can also do the same for recent apps that pop up when you press the taks manager button by home and back. Slide them off (either direction actually) to get rid of that recent app.

Thanks JP! I never noticed the X. I also get icons on the desktop that are not apps that just show up. Some say Youtube Offline. Some say Mario Kart. And some others. I remove them but they come back. This happened with Honeycomb too.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks JP! I never noticed the X. I also get icons on the desktop that are not apps that just show up. Some say Youtube Offline. Some say Mario Kart. And some others. I remove them but they come back. This happened with Honeycomb too.

Ghost in the machine? That really does not sound right. Are you the only user of the tab?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
J515OP said:
Ghost in the machine? That really does not sound right. Are you the only user of the tab?

Yup. I think they are hitching a ride on a different app. I thougyht it migyt be Getjar or something, but I uninstalled that.