How to downgrade from JB to ICS???

iszabo

Jan 9, 2013
Hi,

I have horrible battery life with JB about 30 hours max screen off time before battery drain on both official JB and MCL201. I tried in CWM to dowgrade to older MCL but no luck the device won't boot.

Thank you.

Ravak

Dec 5, 2012
You need an ICS bootloader, ICS clockwork (version C) and obviously ICS ROM. I don't remember the exact procedure, but it goes like that:
1. Install ROM using clockwork version d (JB one) - at that time it won't boot.
2. Install ICS bootloader - should boot now, but clockwork won't work anymore.
3. Go to fastboot and flash older clockwork (version C).

ICS Bootloader (courtesy of mcl630): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108997228/A2109A_ICSBootloader.zip

Two other files are posted in other threads.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Because something people have this but most don't, I think it is because of an app you installed. I would try shutting down a few running apps and see if the battery lasts longer. Maybe you can narrow it down to a particular app. If you aren't running the latest version, support is likely to ask you to upgrade if you have any issues.

Ravak

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah, I had some battery-related issues the first time I updated to JB (or at least I thought I had). After a full-wipe and reinstall (and waiting few days to make sure it's settled down) I must say I have no problems any more. In fact, the more I use it the longer the battery seems to last ;)

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Yeah, I had some battery-related issues the first time I updated to JB (or at least I thought I had). After a full-wipe and reinstall (and waiting few days to make sure it's settled down) I must say I have no problems any more. In fact, the more I use it the longer the battery seems to last ;)

I only have battery-drain issues if I leave the tablet sitting with Wifi off... if I leave Wifi on battery drain is normal.

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
You need an ICS bootloader, ICS clockwork (version C) and obviously ICS ROM. I don't remember the exact procedure, but it goes like that:
1. Install ROM using clockwork version d (JB one) - at that time it won't boot.
2. Install ICS bootloader - should boot now, but clockwork won't work anymore.
3. Go to fastboot and flash older clockwork (version C).

ICS Bootloader (courtesy of mcl630): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108997228/A2109A_ICSBootloader.zip

Two other files are posted in other threads.

That should work.