How to download .wmv files onto an android tablet?

Kevlo79

Dec 29, 2011
I have several digital copies of purchased movies that I would like to download onto my android tablet but when I connect and attempt to drag and drop the files I get an error informing me that the .wmv files are not supported. I downloaded bsplayer from the market which is capable of playing .wmv files and there are several other apps that do the same so I'm pretty sure this can be done. I'm trying to avoid having to convert the files. Please help!!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I put an SD card into my PC and copy the files, then put the card into the tablet. When I tap the movie on the SD it plays.

Kevlo79

Dec 29, 2011
Thanks! I never thought about that!

Kevlo79

Dec 29, 2011
OK, so I tried this, it worked as far as getting it on the device, but nothing will play it. I've tried dice and BS player, both of which claim to be able to play .wmv but they don't. Still looking for some help here. Seems like I might just be forced to convert the .wmv to .mkv I guess. Any suggestions very welcome.

cal

Jan 7, 2012
I think you will find the only solution is to convert them mate. As I am on sony tablet they are big on copy right etc. So this is an issue I have myself too. Not yet found a good FREE converter but if I do I will let you know. P.s the file type may vary for different tablets also.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

PavtubeBluray

Aug 18, 2011
As I know, wmv format is not supported by most android tablets, some apps may solve this.
Besides, I think your .wmv digital copy file are DRM protected, in this case, you can't play these videos on unauthorized devices. Common video converters also can't convert these protected videos, you need professional tools. Foxreal TuneSmasher can help you to convert these purchased protected videos, such as amazon instant video and itunes movies, just have a try. Backup/convert/capture/record itunes videos/amazon videos/digital copy movies