How to - Factory reset on COBY KYROS?

gmobile

Oct 12, 2011
Guys somme app conflicted with the android boot, so when i start the tablet model MID7020 he gets stuck in android logo and dont go any further, like in this picture:

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photo...YpxfHwnkAm1T1UGApnlISMHc8wAj9Owshvx0jj5EK.jpg

I didnt root the tablet, the system data and firmware its original, probaly some app conflicted with the android, and as result the tablet dont start.

So i used ADB in android stuck screen, and adb recognize , i was able to do some command like reboot and pull the system files, but i dont have root acess and cant root the tablet because it dosent start.

I was able to do this : adb reboot recovery , and the tablet started in recovery mod, like in this picture:

http://www.imgfans.com.br/NR/Out11/12/th_IMG_2175.JPG
http://www.imgfans.com.br/NR/Out11/12/th_IMG_2177.JPG

I can navigate trough the options ( reboot system now- update from sdcard- wipe data/factory reset- wipe cache) BUT THE PROBLEM IS i can select the option , i can navigate with volume keys (up,down) but the home/back button when pressed just get back to this picture :

http://www.imgfans.com.br/NR/Out11/12/th_IMG_2175.JPG

when pressed again shows the recovery menu options again.

There is any way that i can do factory reset using ADB without root permission?

What can i do?

gmobile

Oct 12, 2011
SOLVED

i used adb in prompt command in windows and give the command:

adb reboot bootloader

the tablet inicialized with black screen but the pc was able to detect via usb

then i used fastboot in prompt again, and the command:

fastboot erase -w

It erased all userdata and cache ( solving the probaly conflict between apps and android system) and restarted the tablet

and its working FINE

ALL THIS WITHOUT ROOT THE TABLET

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Are you sure your tablet model is 7020? What version of Android and processor model?

gmobile

Oct 12, 2011
Are you sure your tablet model is 7020? What version of Android and processor model?

Yes, im sure, the mosdel is not listed in coby usa site, i dont know why, and many people who have this kyros cant find the correct firmware for it, if anyone try to install some upgrade from 7015 the mid7020 will brick.

The android version is 2.2 and processro is ARM 720mhz with 256 ram

dani1796

Dec 25, 2011
I have the Coby Kyros Android Tablet Model: MID8125 and i forgot the pattern password. How can i gain access to it or how can i unlock or something. i have no saved data. i tried the OFFWorld guy steps but when i pressed back on the triangle when it appeared, nothing changed. Please help and thank you​

Jeremiahk

Dec 31, 2011
Can some one explain to me step by step how to get into recovery mode. This would be much appreciated. Thanks :D

jvejvad

May 16, 2012
I have Factory Reset my COBY Kryos (8127) -
Just using the buttons !!!!!!

Hold "vol up" and the hold "power" until the screen shows the "COBY" logo - release buttons.

the screen will display a blue text acrosse the COBY logo " upgrade system activated " - now you have to wait........

the screen goes black and displays

"can not find any update image"
"Press Menu/Key_volumeup key to init SD card. - Press Back/Key_volumedown to cancel."

just init the SD card ! ( no sd card i the expansion slot pressent... ! )

then the COBY will re-intialise the org. sw and power off !

Turn It on - and now its back to factory settings.

supertzag

Apr 9, 2012
SOLVED

i used adb in prompt command in windows and give the command:

adb reboot bootloader

the tablet inicialized with black screen but the pc was able to detect via usb

then i used fastboot in prompt again, and the command:

fastboot erase -w

It erased all userdata and cache ( solving the probaly conflict between apps and android system) and restarted the tablet

and its working FINE

ALL THIS WITHOUT ROOT THE TABLET

Hi, I have the same problem with my tablet and when im on the android stuck logo adb cannot find my device. plz help

thanks zach

yessy4024

Jul 13, 2012
Hello hope you can help me i got androin market for my table and install what i needed and when i turn it on it appear launcher and set up wizard and check auto defalul and i did the mark the check and press wiazard and it came error and it doesn not move from there i can power off but thats it please help to do the factory reset i just got this tablet yersterday and my husband is going to be really mad at me and i don't know much about computers or tablets i will need step by step intructions i really appreciate your help thanks i press the home button and the power and it goes to a black screen only the button for search menu back and Browser are lighted but cant do anything thank.

msqueena

May 1, 2012
When I hold the power button and up volume button....it says the device has enter fwdn mode connect to usb to pc or reset device

msqueena

May 1, 2012
Can someone help me!? Please??? I install fastboot on my pc but Im really not sure as to what I am doing. I am trying to factory reset my tablet. When I plug my tablet to the pc it says found new hardware device looking for drivers. but can't locate the drivers. The reason I am trying to do factory reset is b/c I don't know the screen lock password. Help! please?