How to flash modified wpa_supplicant to my 8" tablet?

tomsss

Feb 11, 2011
Hi guys, hoping to get some help and answers here. I'm using the 8" Android 2.2 tablet, not too sure which particular model because on the receipt it says "ePad 8003" whereas the manual says IMX515, but I believe both are about the same and the unit has the 30pin connector slot (to charge, attach usb device). Anyway, because of the known problem of the Android not being able to pick up ad-hoc devices via wifi (meaning, using my Iphone 3GS to access the internet via MyWi), there is a patch file avaible. Problem is, how do I flash the zip file to my tablet? It's root with z4root btw. I can't do adb via direct cable because I actually got this tablet from someone and it didn't came with the data cable to link to the pc, and then I found out that the normal iPod cable doesn't work, because of different pin assignment. The only way for me to do adb is via adbwireless. I tried pushing the new wpa_supplicant file to the system and after that, I couldn't turn on the wifi at all. Had to do a factory reset to restore my wifi ability. Tried using ROM Manager, selected update from SD card but it gave an error while doing the update. Tried renaming the zip file to updates.zip didn't work either. So... help, anyone?

tomsss

Feb 11, 2011
it actually does not work right now

To which do you refer that doesnt work? the wpa_supplicant mod or performing adb push wia wireless? Because I read from another forum that someone with a IMX515 Android 2.2 tablet claimed to have ad-hoc wifi after pusing in a modified wpa_supplicant file

EDIT: Did a more intense search and got it sorted. Just needed to obtain some instructions to fix the filesystem permission, to allow mounting in Root Explorer. After that, just simply insert the new wpa_supplicant file and voila, connected to my iphone via MyWi :)

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Ya... That's the way to go right now. The wpa_supplicant doesn't work was what I meant. You have to do it the manual way...