How to flash P014 - frozen on startup

Fractalmyth

Aug 14, 2011
Hi, I am a complete newbie - got my Superpad III for my birthday 4 days ago... thanks to you guys and google I managed to wifi it to my laptop, installed a pile of apps & was playing along very happily. Yesterday I used a USB stick to copy some music and txt files to its TF card. It wasn't happy when I tried to unmount the stick - I may have done it too quickly? - and it froze in mypad. I eventually pushed the reset button and it went back to working nicely. At the end of the day I turned it off & plugged it in to recharge. This morning, when I try to turn it on, it shows the swirly screen, then the little penguin, and then stops on the screen that says Android World and won't go any further.

It was purchased from China through ebay (I am in Australia). The box says SuperPadIII, the little book it came with says MID Manual, the Model number on the about screen said P041 and there is a glittery sticker on the screen that says 4GB. It is silver and has one TF slot.

I'm going batty searching around trying to work out what to do next!!! Please help! Step by step instructions or links to same would be greatly appreciated.

Fractalmyth

Aug 14, 2011
OK - I got it! I used the firmware #49 here: P041 - SlateDroid.com (on page 4, post #79 has the link to the download).

Everything is right back the way it was when I got it! I lost some great photos of my kids though, and all my work downloading apps... next step is to work out all this access to root and titanium back up stuff... phew! Anyone know of the best way to do that on a P041?

I'm still lost and muddling through - but SO relieved that it is talking to me again!

Ironhide

Aug 8, 2011
Just a heads up, but what you have is a clone of the SuperPad II. I have the same one and am disputing the charge now.

Aug 21, 2011
what you have is the newest superpad black edition po41 model and you should read this http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ouch-3-but-fake-flytouch3-clone-beware-2.html
and this P041 Flytouch 3 is Fake - New Sawee10 Flytouch3 Clone! - Android Forums
and this http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2-chinagrabber-apadtv-orphan-electronics.html
and here
Chinagrabber and Orphan Electronics - SlateDroid.com
everyone is fed up on the forums that allow these people to spread there spam you will read the truth here

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2011
yes the root way is easy just follow the disco model way just do a web search how to route my flytouch3 superpad and they is a step by step guide if you can-not find it let me know i'll find the link,also if you find it and go ahead with it
when you have used pro-launcher go into settings application and uninstall pro-laucher and you will have the home screen you have now back