How to Flash Zenithink ZT-282 C91

cpender

May 24, 2011
help!!!!! I need help and step by step instructions to flash Zenidroid v1.42 custom rom on my zenithink zt-282 c91. will this rom fix my problems like no sound and play netflix.

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Download it.
Extract it
Put the folder called zt-update in the main directory of your sd card
Turn off
Hold camera button while turning on

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

tcfulmer

Jun 18, 2012
Where do I download this ROM from?

Is this an upgrade or a reinstall? Will I have to reload all of my apps?

How do I tell which ROM is installed?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
If you've never flashed one it'll a stock zenithink rom, which are all quite poo.

Although I think this - http://www.sendspace.com/file/l2x7nd
Is still the best rom for a zt280(2) c91 upgrade, then add sd speed increase app set to 2084.
Its the rom i had on mine which still holds the best antutu benchmark score

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

tcfulmer

Jun 18, 2012
OK, forgot to switch my brain on yesterday. I originally flashed 1.16 using instructions from slatedroid some months ago. It locked up two days ago and got a message during boot that the OS needed to be reinstalled and boot failed. I reinstalled the ROM from SD card I had set up based on 1.16 then had the problem of Netflix not working. Would go to black screen on start of Netflix then would go back to home screen. I found this thread about using 1.42 but it sounded like there was no need for alterations like prior ROM.

That is the big question, should I download, extract and flash as you state above or do I need to do the stuff listed at slatedroid in [ROM] Zenithink's Official 20120818 ICS ROM - SlateDroid.com

As I said before, you need both in your zt-update folder when you flash your tablet.... You also need to use an unaltered file (meaning you need to wipe all of your previous partitions so they all get formatted to the new sizes, so use the command file the way it is in the Zenithink ROM download).... So download both files, rename 0818_H3_1a_800MHz_2GBData_ZT282.recovery to just ZT282.recovery and rename 0818_H3_1a_900MHz_2GBData_ZT282.kernel to just ZT282.kernel, then replace the ones in the zt-update folder of the Official ROM download, and flash as usual.... The recovery file is what's used during the flashing/updating procedure, the kernel is what runs Android.... Hope that helps.

Also, where on slatedroid do I download from if needed? It's been a while since I've done that and didn't see the link to the download area. I found 1.42 at the Zenithink site.

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
If you just replace the zt-update folder in your sdcard directory, everything is pretty well automatic when you upgrade your firmware. Unless there is an autoscript file in the folder, you don't have to worry about losing precious programs and data surrounding them. This preserves those very important files, and unless you change your drive structure, you will lose nothing.

Some time ago I replaced the boot logo on my tablet with one that shows the New York skyline, and replaced the boot animation with one that is uniquely mine. Too, I have replaced the stock zt-update folder with Justin the geek's 20121021 offering (You'll find this at slatedroid.com). Works very well, and is very smooth. I'd immediately be able to identify my tablet from anyone elses, even though they would have erased my hard drive.