How to Get a Working Google Market

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
verbatim this is the error I get.

You do not have a network connection.

This could be a temporary problem or your sim card may not be
provisioned for data services. Please try again when you are connected. If it continues, call customer care.

So is there a way that I can just transfer the linda file manager over on SD as well as the market.apk and install?

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
I don't think its the tablet designers, I think it's google. If you look at the other tablets only a few big name tablet have the full market or the chinese versions. And which browser did you check? The stock may not but skyfire may.

Ah, i see, well if the Galaxy Tab doesn't have market access I won't be buying it next year =\.
Just like a droid based phone I thought it automatically changed where the system saved information.

Jan 25, 2011
Is this on the tablet or on your computer? And if its on your computer I have to ask you are connected to the internet when you do this correct? and the market we use for this is not .apk it installs an .apk but its a .bat

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
Is this on the tablet or on your computer? And if its on your computer I have to ask you are connected to the internet when you do this correct? and the market we use for this is not .apk it installs an .apk but its a .bat

Yes, same laptop that I'm using to post on this forum so it obviously have Inet connection. Not sure why the phone can't use it.... No ports are closed on my router nor modem (firewalls are shut down for gaming). So at this time there is no other way to root this device and gain market access?

Jan 25, 2011
you can still root. all you need to do is put the apk on the sdcard and install it. As for market I'm not sure. Try pulling the android ID and see if it gives you something. If it does just keep rolling along and use the ID on the tablet. You know what heres what Ill do. Give it a try if it does not give you an ID let me know and i will just run it on my computer and pm you an Android ID. We will get your market working tonight.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
extract the experience to your working adb directory should be c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\

now in open a command prompt window and navigate to your working adb directory should be c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\

once there type in

I have rooted successfully and run the script.

However wtf, how do I navigate to the market script directory using CMD prompt, I pinged my tablets IP address and got a response so I know I can connect to it but I don't know how using CMD.....

Jan 25, 2011
I have rooted successfully and run the script.

However wtf, how do I navigate to the market script directory using CMD prompt, I pinged my tablets IP address and got a response so I know I can connect to it but I don't know how using CMD.....

You put the market.bat in the platform-tools folder so you wont have to navigate to it. once u connect via adb wifi from your computer and it sucussfully connects just enter market and press enter. From here it will send all the files needed to your phone.

Jan 25, 2011
to connect to it you connect to your wifi on the tablet, run the script, and then do adb connect and enter your tablets ip address followed by :1111 (which is the port) it will tell you you connected and just enter market.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
I'm so confused, I ran the .batch file that I downloaded. It came up with a command prompt for half a second, to quick for a screen shot I tried.

Jan 25, 2011
I don't have this directory in my C drive...
c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\

You have to download it and put it there. If you just downloaded the .exe version from the android website it put the files under program files. The best thing to do would be copy and paste it to the root of the c drive. Easer to access it with cmd prompt.

averagebob

Jan 29, 2011
yeah i still don't understand how to navigate through cmd and such so I guess Im sol =\.
And No idea how to connect to something using command prompt, only ping

Jan 25, 2011
I'm so confused, I ran the .batch file that I downloaded. It came up with a command prompt for half a second, to quick for a screen shot I tried.

the .bat file needs to be ran in cmd prompt. It sends the files to your phone via adb. If you just double click the file it is worthless. You first need to find the android-sdk-windows folder. I renamed mine android and put it on the root of the C drive. This way when I want to adb I bring up command prompt. then cd /android/platform-tools then adb connect TABLET IP:1111 (ex 192.168.1.118:1111) and then you have the market.bat file in the platform-tools folder so all you have to do is enter market and press enter in cmd prompt.