How to Get a Working Google Market

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
When you put in adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='androidid'"; leave out the where name ='androidid' and replace androidid with the number that you pulled earlier.

If you get sqlite3: not found try using the adb pull command I gave you earlier and then type:

sqlite3 accounts.db "update meta set intvalue='xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" replace the x's with your number

adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/

adb reboot

If that works, you should have the market on the tablet. I know for me, I had to switch my home screen before I could see the market icon.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
wait a second. I'm doing this to my emulator not tablet, so how it get to tablet. It's the guide on the first page. Ok then if any more problem i call you. Thanks

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
so is this guide not useful and poorly put together? just another note cause it does kind of rub me the wrong way seeing this over and over. if you think it's hard to do with this guide then don't look at it and try to get it done the way i did the 1st time. i had to find all of these different resources all over the place read through them multiple times. it took me............ well i don't even want to say how long it took me to get it working on my tablet the 1st time.

I have read through it again just to make sure. It's just alot of work. the UGLY market hack is called that for a reason. It's not pretty or easy or for the feint of heart. but if you're willing to put in the time and effort the reward is well worth the time.

I'm not on these forums often anymore but everytime i come back now it seems as though someone else is struggling with getting this done using my guide.

If someone else would like to try and stream line it more and then make a repost of it then please by all means do so.

epeereboom

Dec 19, 2010
I think your guide was great. I found it easy to follow. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. Without it, I' d still be searching the internet for my apps. I appreciate all you did.

The market is working flawlessly for me, by the way. I even managed to do a reinstall in about 20 min. while cooking dinner at the same time.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Yeah, it worked well for me too. I did have a few problems to get it working, but from what I remember it was me skipping a step or a download link did not work. The biggest problem I had was that I was entering the hex number for the Android_ID instead of the decimal number. I used an app for my Android phone to get my ID which was a bad idea.

There are a couple of steps I did to make it easier for me to start over again. I have a couple of cmd files that I run in a command prompt on my laptop to retyping the adb commands you have listed and one to run after it is working to remove bluetooth.apk and other unneeded apps the was modified from either a different link or a different forum. I also setup my router to give the same IP address to my tablet based on the MAC address. This helps went I want to wipe my tablet again I can just rerun the same cmd file without looking at the IP each time. I always went into Wifi setting for my connection and it show the IP at the bottom anyway, but saves a few seconds from the process.

When I have a chance I could throw out a couple of attached cmd files that will help speed up the process if anyone is interested.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
if you'd like to add the files with some instructions i can add them into one of the posts at the beginning of the thread.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
so is this guide not useful and poorly put together? just another note cause it does kind of rub me the wrong way seeing this over and over. if you think it's hard to do with this guide then don't look at it and try to get it done the way i did the 1st time. i had to find all of these different resources all over the place read through them multiple times. it took me............ well i don't even want to say how long it took me to get it working on my tablet the 1st time.

I have read through it again just to make sure. It's just alot of work. the UGLY market hack is called that for a reason. It's not pretty or easy or for the feint of heart. but if you're willing to put in the time and effort the reward is well worth the time.

I'm not on these forums often anymore but everytime i come back now it seems as though someone else is struggling with getting this done using my guide.

If someone else would like to try and stream line it more and then make a repost of it then please by all means do so.

You've done a great job. I was right there with you in December trying to naviagte through the 6 different places there were tidbits of information about this tab and wish there would have been this concise of a guide. Unfortunatley you don't get a pretty, perfect, clean android tablet these days unless you spend $500+ or put in some hard work. A year from now I'm sure the samsung galaxy tab will look like a kid's toy compared to what 's available.

Ablepharous

Dec 20, 2010
Bigwooly

I found this guide to be very useful. I read through the entire guide 3 or 4 time before trying the hack. It took me a few times to get it to work, but that was because I had a bad Android ID. Once I got one to work it was easy.

Thank you very much for the time and work you put into this.

Feb 25, 2011
Okay, so i've been lurking on this site since I picked up the Sylvania tablet from CVS (of all places haha) for $100. Thank you to bigwooly for getting all of this into one site, its been very usefull. However, I am unable to get the "install emulator with working market" step to work. No matter how I change the .ini file in the .android folder the emulator will not start up. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am on day two of trying to get this step completed.... Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and I look forward to contributing where I can!

- George

** Edit **

Okay so I figured it out, I had to allow the Android SDK to install emulators and other dev files, once that occured I was able to make it work :)!

** Edit part 2 **
For those that have Win 7 (Crappy UAC!) if you are having problems with SDK not writing the installation files to the .android directory, or with the emulator (mine kept freezing) run as Administrator should fix the issue.... **curses at MSFT again....**

Last edited:

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
hey epeerboom, when i do this it says sqlite3 not found so i do the adb pull thing and then your second code in your last code post to me. Nothing pops up. Is that supposed to happen?

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
i type this in: adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='10976xxxxxxxxxxxxx' where name='adroidID'"; and this pops up 'intvalue' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What should i do

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Grrrrr Now I did adb pull command and then the
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='10976xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' where name='adroidID'";

and now it freakin says sqlite3: not found.

im stuck at the last step of ugly market hack.

PikachuCLS

Jan 21, 2011
Darnit now i did adb pull command then i set the intvalue as my android id and then i did the last step of the ugly market hack and then it says sqlite 3 not found at 'set' and then it finishes the statement in another line starting with 'intvalue' to the end and it says the intvalue not recognized crap. What is freaking up with this!!!