how to get apps like youtube or pandora that aren't available on slideme?

twees

Jul 30, 2010
so i have a tablet with a non-working marketplace but i want apps like pandora radio and youtube, but whenever i look for them i get links that direct me to pages to download from the marketplace, which would be great but i dont have a working marketplace. how do i go about getting the apk's of these apps (all free) when i dont have the marketplace so i can side load them? thanks!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I cannot speak to the legality of this source. The code is bundled with most Chinese Tablets. But AuGen just got in trouble for putting on Google Apps without permission. Here is a Link. Just rename the zip to apk. Load via your Micro-SD card or directly download and rename. Install. If it does not work, then you are missing a sub-plugin necessary.

Best of Luck

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
As to Pandora, Same Warning. But Here is the link Scroll down for the apk file

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you can also side load apps which is a great trick to know there is a thread in the forum that teaches you how to do it

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Most of the apps are free some sites give you access to download them without going through the Market App. Wonder App Market (China/English) And App Store. If you don't want to use them then go post #3.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Pandora requires access to the T-Mobile marketplace.

The easiest way to get Youtube is to download a full ROM from XDA developers. Those usually have Youtube built in already. Androidspin also has a ROM download database. Just download a ROM with a matching version of Android and extract the APK from the zip file.

For Android 2.1 and 2.2 based ROMs, try this: Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Pandora requires access to the T-Mobile marketplace.

The easiest way to get Youtube is to download a full ROM from XDA developers. Those usually have Youtube built in already. Androidspin also has a ROM download database. Just download a ROM with a matching version of Android and extract the APK from the zip file.

For Android 2.1 and 2.2 based ROMs, try this: Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

i might be reading your post wrong but just to let others know you dont need tmobile to get Pandora i am on verizon and have it