How to get into recovery mode of coby 8127? I bricked my tablet!!! Please help!!!

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
Yesterday I installed some .apk files (i forgot what exactly they are but seems some google apps like vending.apk and others) downloaded from the internet.
The tablet kept rebooting, even I use that reset hole to reset. What should I do?
I want to do factory reset! But how? HELP!
My tablet is not rooted.

FIXED!!!
I switched it off and then turn it on by holding vol- and power buttons to enter fastboot mode.
Connect the tablet to PC (with ADB tools installed). Use command to wipe everything and factory reset.
Reboot and it's back to normal!!!

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If it's like 8125, then maybe recovery is broken. You may be able to use abd and fastboot tho, it was found to work with 1125, maybe it works with 8125 and 8127 as well.

I am not sure if there is a thread here about it, if not, I can link to a tutorial in Portuguese (you can use an online translator).

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
thanks for your quick reply. i can get into fastboot mode by holding power and vol + or - button. please send me the link thank you.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Tablet Forum

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
manual said nothing. i can only access fastboot by the method above.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
thanks for your quick reply. i can get into fastboot mode by holding power and vol + or - button. please send me the link thank you.

It wasn't a full tutorial, so I am posting the important info here:

1. Install adb and fastboot tools from http://dottech.org/tipsntricks/21534/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-your-windows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/

. connect tablet to computer via USB and enable Debug mode in tablet

3. Use this command in the folder where you've installed the tools in the previous step:
Code:
adb reboot recovery

4. Tablet should reboot in recovery, use VolumeDown button to select the option and VolumeUp to activate it.

Credits: Paulo from http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs?cmm=113111409&tid=5671481344919971188

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
thanks. my pc has already installed adb and fastboot tools as before i used them to install cwm recovery for my phone. is it universal for all kind of android device?
the important issue is i cannot switch to usb debugging mode because it keeps rebooting and even it cannot be powered off.

Last edited:

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
one more thing. is there a way to reboot it the tablet into bootloader mode when power off like holding power and vol+ at my nexus s.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
thanks. my pc has already installed adb and fastboot tools as before i used them to install cwm recovery for my phone. is it universal for all kind of android device?
the important issue is i cannot switch to usb debugging mode because it keeps rebooting and even it cannot be powered off.

Then maybe you're able to get into recovery using the physical buttons... Sorry, I can't help any further because I never used fastboot because my device has no support for it (Samsung board).

at428hk

Nov 22, 2011
thanks anyway! I fixed it by using adb tools to wipe everything and factory reset. Now it's back to normal!