How to get Music and Album Artwork on Coby Kyros Mid8024

chevy_guy2002

Sep 24, 2011
I just purchased the coby kyros mid8024 tablet. I have been able to get music put on my tablet however when i add whole albums the artwork does not show up. Also some of the albums say "unknown" for the artists. How do i add music so that all albums and artwork show up just as they do in itunes? Note: i have tried isync, easy phone tunes, and double twist apps. None of these work.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
iTunes doesn't save all the id3tag info on the file, it saves in a hidden folder of the music library. You may need to use a mp3 tagger app to add the missing info to the mp3 file before you copy them to your tablet.

chevy_guy2002

Sep 24, 2011
Thanks for the info. I did use a mp3 tagger program to fix all my music and it worked great. The problem im having now is when i add music to my sd card. If i add the files to my tablet it works great (song, artwork and all). When i add it to the sd card i lose some songs and the artwork doesn't show up (same problem i was having to start with).

How do i add the music to my sd card from my tablet? I only have 4gb on the tablet and I have 32gb on the sd card. I would like to put all music on the sd card.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hmmm, weird... I remember it works fine with my MID1024 with files in the SD card. Did you try clearing the cache/data for the music app in the settings?

You may wanna try another apk for music, the built-in sucks anyway... lol

chevy_guy2002

Sep 24, 2011
Yeah i got another apk for music. The built in one wouldn't work. The problem ended up being my sd card. Not sure what was wrong with it but it wouldn't work. I put a new one in and everything is working fine.

Coby8024

Jan 8, 2012
so i found a bloody solution
apparently the format has to be n Artist - Album - track - Title.mp3 , so i got this thing for free called mp3tag onmy laptop, converted each folder by folder and then copied them to the tablet... it works fine now, lets hope it stays that way