How to Get Music To Play After Syncing

morrijc

Nov 12, 2012
Hello, just bought Nexus 7 32gb to use on trip to Playa Del Carmen next week and decided to join forum to get answers to questions I am sure will come up. So far I love the feel of the tablet especially since I bought Nexus 7 to complimant my Droid 3 to force me to learn more about Android System, and to be opposite my Wife's IPad 3. First question in how to get music to play after I sync's from Windows 7 media player to tablet ? Downloaded X-plore Manager and can see files on Tablet but they don't show up in Goodle Playlist ? Thx

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi morrijc, congratulations on your new Nexus 7 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Nexus 7 forum for you, to see if we can get an answer to your question. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello, just bought Nexus 7 32gb to use on trip to Playa Del Carmen next week and decided to join forum to get answers to questions I am sure will come up. So far I love the feel of the tablet especially since I bought Nexus 7 to complimant my Droid 3 to force me to learn more about Android System, and to be opposite my Wife's IPad 3. First question in how to get music to play after I sync's from Windows 7 media player to tablet ? Downloaded X-plore Manager and can see files on Tablet but they don't show up in Goodle Playlist ? Thx

Welcome to the forum

What is the music format? Is it WMA?

For syncing I would suggest you sign up for Google Music on your PC and sync it all to the cloud.

Iif you have transferred files to the N7 and getting an error it may just be the format of the files. Some players play more formats than others.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
+1 for the Google Music (if it is available in your area). I sync my 15,000 songs from iTunes to Google Music. All are available through the Play Music app (after linking with my account) and I can make any of them available offline as long as I have storage space on my tablet.

Note it may not work with all formats. MP3 and M4A should work just fine so long as they do not have any DRM on them.