How to get screen to fade when outputting to Television

Aug 1, 2012
Hello,

Since this is my first post, I want to thank this community for providing a resource for new users of Android Tablets to refer to.

I have recently purchased an Asus Transformer TF300. I have purchased and used the micro HDMI output into my HDTV. When I play videos using the MX Player App everything works fine (ie. the video is being correctly displayed on the TV screen) except for the screen on my Tablet not fading to black. I define fading to black as the screen on the tablet going into a screensaver like mode (like when you put the table to sleep mode when not using it) since the video is being outputted to the TV. Is there a way for this to happen with video apps? I do believe that the screen did fade to black when I was using the Crackle App to stream a film.

Thanks to all in advance,

Cheers.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Congrats on your TF300 and thanks for joining us!

This is app dependent. Some apps fade out the screen to black, others do not when using HDMI.

I am pretty sure that either Dice Player or BS Player will fade out the screen on the tablet, but I do not know for sure. Give each of them a try. You have 15 minutes to test it from the market and both are excellent video players.