How to get the most out of a coby tablet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't know what you mean by instructions by steev as the ones I had read from him were not accurate as to what he had put out for my Coby Kyros MID8042-4 and I am not the only one who has commented on this effect when trying to go by his instructions. I was able to finally get into the recovery mode but not from steev's instructions but from another member of this forum. I have a MID8042-4 and would like to be able to get the google play installed and also flash as well. If you have any suggestions for me and other's like me then please help us.

what are you talking about? beside you who else mentions steev and recovery mode in this thread?

Last edited:

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Right now, the only thing that I really would like to get working well is google hangouts. I can get a good video feed from the others but they get a really choppy someties distorted video from me, but sound is ok. The rooted stock rom is the same results as vampirefos rom, except vampirefos has an orientation issue with the camera (maybe more then just camera). Its not my internet connection itself, but maybe an upload limit on the tablet? Or maybe the tablet just can't get the feed out quick enough, a driver or hardware limitation. Skype is better but you can still see its a struggle. Video conferencing is a nice feature we should be able to use, but coby evidently didn't test this feature before they slapped it on the box. .3 mp feed can't be to hard to spit out, but after multple rom fllashed, different versions of the software and tweaked memory im at a loss..