How to Get USB Tethering on EGQ307

SimplyMe

Oct 8, 2014
Hi. I just got the above tablet. However I cannot seem to get it to recognize my FreedomPop Bolt that gives me 3G internet on my Nexus 7 and I hoped would also work on this. It connects to tablet via OTG cable. But does not seem to be recognized. I tried some Google Play Store USB tethering apps without success. Any ideas?

Russ

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It sounds as if you want to use the phone's data for the tablet. If so, as far as I know that won't work, if that's what you are trying. WiFi or blue tooth.

If you are trying to get a PC to tether to the phone that's a different story.

SimplyMe

Oct 8, 2014
Welcome to the forum

It sounds as if you want to use the phone's data for the tablet. If so, as far as I know that won't work, if that's what you are trying. WiFi or blue tooth.

If you are trying to get a PC to tether to the phone that's a different story.
Thanks for responding. FreedomPop ha s USB stick that provides 3G/4G data when plugged into laptops or tablets. So when I plug it into my Nexus 7 Android tablet, I first turn off WiFi. I do not use Bluetooth either. There is no actual phone involved either. And I automatically connect to the Internet with this USB stick. (They call it the Bolt.) For some reason it does not connect to this tablet. From what I am finding out the tablet would need to have RDNIS or CDC capabilities enabled?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I totally didn't understand the first post, however, if the issue is that a USB 3G stick won't work on an Android tablet I'm not surprised. Most require some type of a driver and 3G USB sticks that work with Android are very rare due to the lack of suitable drivers. My suggestion would be to get in touch with Feedompop and ask them if it will work.

That do make a hotspot that should work fine.

SimplyMe

Oct 8, 2014
I totally didn't understand the first post, however, if the issue is that a USB 3G stick won't work on an Android tablet I'm not surprised. Most require some type of a driver and 3G USB sticks that work with Android are very rare due to the lack of suitable drivers. My suggestion would be to get in touch with Feedompop and ask them if it will work.

That do make a hotspot that should work fine.
Thank you for the response. I will check into it.