how to get websites to not display in mobile mode?

russ

May 17, 2011
I cannot figure out how to get my tablet to show websites like Facebook and others in full browser mode. I get the mobile versions. I found some things about going into debug mode of the browser, but this browser must be different than the stock honeycomb.

Anyone know how to fix this?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
What browser are you using? You should be able to set it in settings after typing about:debug in your browser. Then change UAString to "desktop"

Perhaps trying a different browser like Dolphin? You can set it to desktop mode in settings.

russ

May 17, 2011
I saw the article regarding the uastring but that option is not visible when i enter debug mode on my asus tablet.

CrunchyDoodle

Feb 16, 2011
Maybe it's because of the most recent update I installed - the browser has a simple setting where you can choose Tablet (the default), Desktop (what I set it to) or Android Phone. It makes a big difference on many of the web sites I use. It's a most welcome change for the better.

Bye.

jacolumbus

May 24, 2011
I just got mine today. It immediately notified me of an Android update that I did complete. Now just open the browser and go to settings>advanced>user agent string and you will see the three options Crunchy mentions! I left mine on default (tablet)

***Edit- I just changed mine to "Desktop" after going to Technobuffalo.com and it didnt display the full web page. With a 1280 x 800 res why wouldnt you want it to display the same as your computer?

Maybe it's because of the most recent update I installed - the browser has a simple setting where you can choose Tablet (the default), Desktop (what I set it to) or Android Phone. It makes a big difference on many of the web sites I use. It's a most welcome change for the better.

Bye.

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I just got mine today. It immediately notified me of an Android update that I did complete. Now just open the browser and go to settings>advanced>user agent string and you will see the three options Crunchy mentions! I left mine on default (tablet)

***Edit- I just changed mine to "Desktop" after going to Technobuffalo.com and it didnt display the full web page. With a 1280 x 800 res why wouldnt you want it to display the same as your computer?
Sometimes it does this to me as well. I think it's a glitch of some kind, maybe a cache file that remembers you as a mobile device.

Try clearing the browser cache, that might help.