[How To] Install CyanogenMod / Phiremod Builds to Internal Storage

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
ok so i took the dive..
everything went fine

dont forget to add mount sd card in 'mounts and storage' in this section ( i had to select that):

c. Now move to 'mounts and storage' and format
- system
- data
- cache
Mount /SDCard (if needed)
d. Go back to Main menu. Go to 'install zip from sdcard'
'choose zip from sdcard' > select "cm_encore_full-7.zip"
In the same way install Gapps and OC Kernel file.

the write up is very much appreciated. hopefully soon we can find an easy way to get back to ext3 and 1.1

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
OP updated.

@revenge - I told you, you will love it !

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Ok, I've got a headache here, I'm a total noob at this and would love to do it but I just don't understand some things: The CWR file, CM build and OC kernel would all go on the same card? Really I'll probably show my noobness by saying this but I'd like to see someone make a video showing how to do every little thing so that even a person who has barely touched electronics could do it without messing it up. I just managed to root mine, but thats it. I joined up at the CyanogenMod forums and have asked the same things. I'm totally overwhelmed here.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok, I've got a headache here, I'm a total noob at this and would love to do it but I just don't understand some things: The CWR file, CM build and OC kernel would all go on the same card? Really I'll probably show my noobness by saying this but I'd like to see someone make a video showing how to do every little thing so that even a person who has barely touched electronics could do it without messing it up. I just managed to root mine, but thats it. I joined up at the CyanogenMod forums and have asked the same things. I'm totally overwhelmed here.

It may be best for you to use your rooted 2.1 NC as you have it now until you read enough to feel confident to proceed or easier method of installation methods come about. A rooted NC running the b&n software is very versatile and does everything other android version do except flash.

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Maybe your right. It also maybe better to wait for a completely finished new ROM comes out and hopefully it will come in a nice "package" that any idiot like myself can install - just copy/download it to the card, put it in the Nook, power it on and voila! New Nookie....

However, can anyone answer my question about all those files going on one card?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Sure thing. The card that you are creating comes in a variety of sizes. And you pick the file that matches the size of card you have (or a smaller one). Anyway, once the card is created (by burning the img file to the SD with a program such as Win32DiskImager - same thing you did you make the autonooter card). Except unlike the autonooter card, once it's burned you just open it from your pc like any SD card, drag over the CM7 rom file, the kernel file, and anything else you might want to flash at the time.

Then you use the card to boot directly into CWR, flash the files, remove the card, reboot. Viola! You now flashed your internal eMMC to a new rom.

But, but, BUT... if that process seems a bit much for you, then you definitely don't want to go there until you are comfortable. Believe me, I love CM7 but it's not as fully functional or developed as the Stock rom you are on right now. When it's moved from nightly to STABLE, then you can take a look and it might be worth the work then. Otherwise, play with what you have and learn it inside and out, it will make the rest of the stuff you can do much easier.

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Ok I'll give my feeble brain a few days to absorb all this new info. If I haven't said so yet, I do appreciate the help here. It must be frustrating to deal with complete drooling idiots like me. It will also make me feel better if I wait until a completely stable build is available, maybe even one based on HC...

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
Try Phiremod V4, it based on nightly v8

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks, avi!

I have flashed the newest CWR, and decided to do one last backup using the new CWR, but it starts the backup and then says it cannot mount /system. Any tips?

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
To take back up have you used EXT4 SD Card ?

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I had updated to CWR 3.0.1 and was trying to flash CM7 that way, but it aborted and I'm now restoring. I'll tackle it all again in the morning. :)

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
There's been issues with CWR and Rom Manager. Thats why I am still using EXT4 SD Card.

and also you need to flash it manually, not using Rom Manager [as per XDA guidelines]

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
if you are getting the 'can't mount /system error' you can go back into ROM Manager and reflash recovery and choose the "other" nook color option.

Depending on which rom you are currently on, it appears to make a difference.

Which os are you running now? What version of ROM Manager do you have?