(How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
It's an android thing I believe and sometimes you can correct the devices accuracy by wiping the battery stats.
Boot to CWR > advance menu > wipe battery stats

IMAG0241.jpg

Thanks. Will try.

jgwis

Feb 1, 2011
I purchased a NC last week and unfortunately the OTA update took the NC to 1.1 before I had an opportunity to root. Will 8x bring it back to 1.0.0 even if it is currently at 1.1.0? Am I better to wait... How long do you think it will be, before an Auto-nooter 1.1.0 is available? Thanks guys.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
How long do you think it will be, before an Auto-nooter 1.1.0 is available? Thanks guys.

From what I see on the XDA forum's, it could be any day...the Dev is waiting for a couple more things

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
OK here I go again. I just read the whole thread to see if my questions had been answered. Some were, some were not, so here goes:

1 I have an autonooter sd card, can I put all these new files on that one card, including the backup?

2 can you give me some names of file browsers? Can I add any of these w/o turning on Wifi? My NC is rooted and I have not turned on my Wifi for 4 days, just to make sure I don't get that download.

3 After flashing the first 2 files to the SD card, does the NC have to be on or off when I put the SD card back in it?

4 When do you clean up the SD card?

You guys are awesome and very patient, I can't thank you enough for all the help!!!

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
OK here I go again. I just read the whole thread to see if my questions had been answered. Some were, some were not, so here goes:

1 I have an autonooter sd card, can I put all these new files on that one card, including the backup?

2 can you give me some names of file browsers? Can I add any of these w/o turning on Wifi? My NC is rooted and I have not turned on my Wifi for 4 days, just to make sure I don't get that download.

3 After flashing the first 2 files to the SD card, does the NC have to be on or off when I put the SD card back in it?

You guys are awesome and very patient, I can't thank you enough for all the help!!!

1. You are going to want to reformat that card....its partition is very small and will not allow much room to save anything on it. format it from within the NC.

2. You can use ADB to install a file manager like ASTRO, other than that, you will need to turn on wifi to download it from the market. (With the new android market going live today...you can send it to your nook before you turn on the wifi...it takes about 30 seconds or so to get it that way.)

3. which two files are we talking about? CWR and ROM Manager?

4. See the answer to #1 above.

For Clockwork, you need to make sure you have room on your SD Card for the backup it is going to create...that was the point where I had to go from my 1gb card to my 8gb card.

johnjaha

Jan 29, 2011
After doing nandroid backup to sd, can I save these files to hard drive and format sd card in NC?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

1. Have to reformat back to original size then you can do anything you want with it.
2. ES file browser, Astro File manger: turn your wifi back on and get from the market, then turn your wifi back off
3. Be more specific. You can insert an sd card while your NC is on or off, if you have it on and you want to take it out, unmount the sd card before doing so in settings.
4.NookColor Format and partition your SD card back to a usable state - nookDevs

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
OK SD card is back in, Astro is installed, now when I try to install ROM file, (pressing ROM, them open app manager) it does not give me Superuser app, but I get a message saying Install blocked: 'Installation of download apks is not supported. ??? Help

Last edited:

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I just checked out settings>SD card in Tools and it shows that there is only .02 GBs used. Is that correct? All my file on the card show up under Astro. Just wondering.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
OK SD card is back in, Astro is installed, now when I try to install ROM file, (pressing ROM, them open app manager) it does not give me Superuser app, but I get a message saying Install blocked: 'Installation of download apks is not supported. ??? Help

Are you trying to install rom manager apk. Go into nook color tools. Uncheck and recheck allow non market apps a couple times then reboot and try installing apk again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Update to OP:
added:
-Reboot your NC normally after flashing ClockworkMod Recovery in Rom manager.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I've been reading alot on the xda site but there is so much info i get lost. Does anybody know if the 1.1ghz kernel rico posted at the beginning of this thread is the fastest one around? I've been running it for along time with no problems, i just want to keep up to date with the fastest one. You can never run to fast. Thanx.

sent from my rooted nook color